Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEP 12.1 - Count of Computers in a Group (and subgroup)

Posted Dec 29, 2014 10:35 AM

I was curious if there is a quick and dirty way to generate a report of a count of computers in a specific set of folders. I have some groups nested within a super group. I have a workstation group with no computers in it but under the workstation group there are several subfolders containing computers. I would like a count of all computers in the workstation group and it's subfolders. Is there a report on the SEPM I can run? I can't seem to find anything close to what I need. I will keep poking around though with the Report feature. 

• 2.  RE: SEP 12.1 - Count of Computers in a Group (and subgroup)
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 29, 2014 10:36 AM

Yup. Just use a wildcard *

For example. using My Company* will return all computers in My Company as well any sub groups.

Or you can go one more level, My Company\test* will return anything in test as well as any subgroups under test

• 3.  RE: SEP 12.1 - Count of Computers in a Group (and subgroup)

Posted Dec 29, 2014 10:41 AM
    Monitors-logs- computer status Click on advanced. Blue hyper link Put main group or export everything and sort d group name in excel

• 4.  RE: SEP 12.1 - Count of Computers in a Group (and subgroup)

Posted Dec 29, 2014 11:15 AM

That worked out great. Quick note, you have to use the full paths to get it to work properly. For example, I had to use "My Company\Workstations*".

• 5.  RE: SEP 12.1 - Count of Computers in a Group (and subgroup)

Posted Dec 29, 2014 11:18 AM

Correct. Should be same filter as what I used for my second example :)

Glad you got what you need!