Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

SEP 12.1 Disk Space (data\outbox\ImportPackage)

Created: 04 Nov 2011 • Updated: 22 Mar 2012 | 7 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi,

After our update from SEPM 11 to 12.1 we have a disk space problem.

In "C:\Programme\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\data\outbox\ImportPackage" are a lot of files (each about 150MB). Every day there will be 1 to 4 more files (111 files = 13.5GB until now) . The files have names like "8FB309E851D5C8AF2F74A614CFC40FE2" without file extension.

Where do this files come from? How can i delete them?

Tanks.

Comments 7 CommentsJump to latest comment

Mithun Sanghavi's picture

Hello,

These files were suppose to be Truncated during Upgrade process.

Follow the Steps below for deleting those files:

1. Stop the Symantec Embedded database and Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager service from services.msc
  2. Go to: C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\data\outbox\ImportPackage
  3. Delete the files from Import package and monitor it 

Hope that helps!!

Mithun Sanghavi
Associate Security Architect

MIM | MCSA | MCTS | STS | SSE | SSE+ | ITIL v3

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helped you.

SOLUTION
Sayan's picture

Hi

Same problem here after upgrading 11.0 to 12.1.In (C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\Inetpub) ClientPackages folder is taking more than 5 GB.Is that normal?

Regards

Sayan

Ajit Jha's picture

Simply Delete the Contents of the packages. Change the Databse Log settings as well

Regard's

Ajit Jha

Technical Consultant

ASC & STS

Sayan's picture

Hi All

I have changed database settings and deleted all items in same path,but after that all of my clients are showing offline except my server agent.

Regards

Sayan

pete_4u2002's picture

what files did you delete?

the communication should not break if you delete the packages.

NateB's picture

I deleted the old(er) files, but what should the database settings be? I have 10,00 entries, expires after 60 days on all my Management Server Log settings.