Video Screencast Help

SEP 12.1 Disk Space (data\outbox\ImportPackage)

Created: 04 Nov 2011 • Updated: 22 Mar 2012 | 7 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi,

After our update from SEPM 11 to 12.1 we have a disk space problem.

In "C:\Programme\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\data\outbox\ImportPackage" are a lot of files (each about 150MB). Every day there will be 1 to 4 more files (111 files = 13.5GB until now) . The files have names like "8FB309E851D5C8AF2F74A614CFC40FE2" without file extension.

Where do this files come from? How can i delete them?

Tanks.

Comments 7 CommentsJump to latest comment

Mithun Sanghavi's picture

Hello,

These files were suppose to be Truncated during Upgrade process.

Follow the Steps below for deleting those files:

1. Stop the Symantec Embedded database and Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager service from services.msc
  2. Go to: C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\data\outbox\ImportPackage
  3. Delete the files from Import package and monitor it 

Hope that helps!!

Mithun Sanghavi
Senior Consultant
MIM | MCSA | MCTS | STS | SSE | SSE+ | ITIL v3

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helped you.

SOLUTION
Sayan's picture

Hi

Same problem here after upgrading 11.0 to 12.1.In (C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\Inetpub) ClientPackages folder is taking more than 5 GB.Is that normal?

Regards

Sayan

Ajit Jha's picture

Simply Delete the Contents of the packages. Change the Databse Log settings as well

Regard's

Ajit Jha

Technical Consultant

ASC & STS

Sayan's picture

Hi All

I have changed database settings and deleted all items in same path,but after that all of my clients are showing offline except my server agent.

Regards

Sayan

pete_4u2002's picture

what files did you delete?

the communication should not break if you delete the packages.

NateB's picture

I deleted the old(er) files, but what should the database settings be? I have 10,00 entries, expires after 60 days on all my Management Server Log settings.