Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEP 12.1 Firewall policy not updating

Posted Mar 18, 2012 06:25 AM

We have the latest SEPM installed on Windows Server 2008

Most of the SEP clients are on Windows 7

The policy serial number is identical on both of the manager & clients

Our problem is that the firewall policy created on the SEPM is not affecting any of the clients while all the other features are working like a charm

I tried re-installing SEP on the client with no luck, also tried creating a new group in the manager and adding a client there to test it but still not working

I can't figure out if this is a Manager or Client related issue

What’s strange is that SEP has already disabled the windows firewall but it doesn’t seem to import the rules from the manager

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks & Best Regards

• 2.  RE: SEP 12.1 Firewall policy not updating

Posted Mar 18, 2012 07:19 AM

Do you see the change in policy serial number in SEPM once you make some changes?

• 3.  RE: SEP 12.1 Firewall policy not updating

Posted Mar 18, 2012 07:42 AM

The policy serial number stays the same

but the policy date changed

• 4.  RE: SEP 12.1 Firewall policy not updating

Posted Mar 18, 2012 08:01 AM

If you could please tel how do you say that the policy is not being updated? additionally, if you could just attach screen shots of  the policy serial numbers on SEPM for the specific group and the SEP interface along, that would be great...

• 5.  RE: SEP 12.1 Firewall policy not updating

Posted Mar 19, 2012 01:58 AM

If I made any change on the firewall rules within the SEPM it won't apply on the clients wether this was adding a new rule or changing an existing one

I have noticed another thing ... while searching through the forum i found out that the windows firewall should state that it's being managed by symantec but when i checked the system it was showing that its only off 

i have attached images for the policy serial numbers, Manager & Client firewall settings

Thanks

• 6.  RE: SEP 12.1 Firewall policy not updating
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 19, 2012 03:27 AM

Can you please check if you client is in client control mode.

because looking at the policy I feel the clients are running in may be mixed or client control mode.

to find which mode you clients are running please go to the SEPM > clients > policy > expand location specific settings... Over there you should see server control mode by default ... if its not set to server control set it to server control and see if that works..

Please mark this as a solution if it helps

• 7.  RE: SEP 12.1 Firewall policy not updating

Posted Mar 19, 2012 03:47 AM

This was very helpfulI

I had it configured as mixed control & now changed it to server 

Its working well :)

Thanks for everyone 

Best Regards,