Expand all | Collapse all

SEP 12.1 Notification Conditions- How to update, none are available to edit

Migration User

Migration UserSep 20, 2012 12:52 PM

Chetan Savade

Chetan SavadeSep 21, 2012 03:21 PM

Migration User

Migration UserSep 24, 2012 08:38 AM

• 1.  SEP 12.1 Notification Conditions- How to update, none are available to edit

Posted Sep 20, 2012 11:20 AM

I just upgraded to SEP 12.1. We are receiving some repeat notifications via email. My issue is that I cannot find where my notifications are configured so that I can modify them. I have checked in the SEPM Console, Monitors > Notifications but there are no conditions configured, however, I am receiving notifications via email. The other issue is that in the notification emails I am receiving, it lists the Administrator email address. This address is invalid (person doesn't work here anymore). Is it possible that even though I am an admin that I cannot see the notification conditions?

• 2.  RE: SEP 12.1 Notification Conditions- How to update, none are available to edit

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 20, 2012 11:24 AM

Updated

Hi,

There are two weekly scheduled reports & serven pre-defined notifications configured by Symantec.

Schedule Reports: SEPM --> Reports --> Scheduled Reports

Notification locations:

SEPM--> Monitors--> Notificaitons --> View Notifications --> Notifications Conditions

• 3.  RE: SEP 12.1 Notification Conditions- How to update, none are available to edit

Posted Sep 20, 2012 11:28 AM

Under server node

right click on the site

check the address you have specified...

• 4.  RE: SEP 12.1 Notification Conditions- How to update, none are available to edit

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 20, 2012 11:29 AM

check the report tab there would be the template set for email.

• 5.  RE: SEP 12.1 Notification Conditions- How to update, none are available to edit

Posted Sep 20, 2012 12:01 PM
      |   view attached

Chetan, Thank you for the reply/post. "View Notifications" is empty too. It seems that the upgrade went well, and the notifications are working, but they are no where to be found.

• 6.  RE: SEP 12.1 Notification Conditions- How to update, none are available to edit

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 20, 2012 12:05 PM

Hi,

I hope you have checked by clicking on 'Notification Conditions' tab.

If conditions are not present, run upgrade.bat file & recheck.

You will find it under C: or installed drive \Program Files or (x86)\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\bin\upgrade.bat

• 7.  RE: SEP 12.1 Notification Conditions- How to update, none are available to edit

Posted Sep 20, 2012 12:09 PM

HI,

Kindly check.

How many Limited administrator account configure in SEPM console ?

Any other Limited administrator account Mail Notification are configured ?

If not available try to run upgrade.bat or Repair SEPM on add/Remove Program

• 8.  RE: SEP 12.1 Notification Conditions- How to update, none are available to edit

Posted Sep 20, 2012 12:50 PM

Rafeeq, where is the server node you are talking about? I am logged into the SEP Manager Console and I do not see SERVER anywhere. I have viewed the obvious places where the notifications should be and they do not exist. I cannot EDIT anything, because nothing exists.

• 9.  RE: SEP 12.1 Notification Conditions- How to update, none are available to edit

Posted Sep 20, 2012 12:51 PM

I am not a Limited Admin. I had the other admin check and his looks the same as mine, no notifications.

• 10.  RE: SEP 12.1 Notification Conditions- How to update, none are available to edit

Posted Sep 20, 2012 12:52 PM

notta :(

• 11.  RE: SEP 12.1 Notification Conditions- How to update, none are available to edit

Posted Sep 20, 2012 12:54 PM

To all, I did try running the update.bat file. No change. I will run the repair option under add/remove programs see what happens. Thanks to everyone that has replied so far.

• 12.  RE: SEP 12.1 Notification Conditions- How to update, none are available to edit

Posted Sep 20, 2012 12:55 PM

Did you look under:

Reports tab >> Scheduled Reports?

Should be under here

• 13.  RE: SEP 12.1 Notification Conditions- How to update, none are available to edit

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 20, 2012 02:22 PM

Hi,

Instead of running repair through add/remove program, try to repair it with the help of original setup files.

• 14.  RE: SEP 12.1 Notification Conditions- How to update, none are available to edit

Posted Sep 21, 2012 03:05 PM

Sorry folks....none of the suggestions are working. Here is another item I noted. Prior to the upgrade, the emails being sent out were from NMONITOR@xxxxxxxxx.com this was the "from" address we had setup. Now the messages are coming from SEPM_Server@xxxxxxxxxxx.com.

• 15.  RE: SEP 12.1 Notification Conditions- How to update, none are available to edit

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 21, 2012 03:21 PM

Hi,

Could you please confirm the upgrade path?

• 16.  RE: SEP 12.1 Notification Conditions- How to update, none are available to edit

Posted Sep 21, 2012 09:56 PM

Were the alerts created by a user that had been deleted from the system at some point?

• 17.  RE: SEP 12.1 Notification Conditions- How to update, none are available to edit

Posted Sep 21, 2012 11:32 PM

Hi,

You can raised support ticket.

Contact Symantec Customer Care on 

http://www.symantec.com/support/assistance_care.jsp

Regional Support Telephone Numbers:
    United States: https://support.broadcom.com (407-357-7600 from outside the United States)
    Australia: 1300 365510 (+61 2 8220 7111 from outside Australia)
    United Kingdom: +44 (0) 870 606 6000
    Additional contact numbers: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/contact_techsupp_static.jsp   India: Toll-Free 000 800 4401 456                                                                                            

IDD call: +61 2 8220 7111

Contact Symantec Customer Care on 

http://www.symantec.com/support/assistance_care.jsp

• 18.  RE: SEP 12.1 Notification Conditions- How to update, none are available to edit

Posted Sep 24, 2012 08:37 AM

Chetan, I know I came from 11.7.???? to 12.1 RU2 but I cannot find the exact version of 11.7 that I was running. If I recall, the software should have prevented me from upgrading had it not been supported.

• 19.  RE: SEP 12.1 Notification Conditions- How to update, none are available to edit

Posted Sep 24, 2012 08:38 AM

Good questoin Brian..... YES. Now what?

• 20.  RE: SEP 12.1 Notification Conditions- How to update, none are available to edit

Posted Sep 24, 2012 09:24 AM

In the past, I've always dealt with this by making a change to the DB itself. Not recommended but if you can, I would suggest doing this.

• 21.  RE: SEP 12.1 Notification Conditions- How to update, none are available to edit

Posted Sep 24, 2012 10:29 AM

Thanks Brian, what do you use to access/modify the db? I also tried recreating the former admin... no luck.

• 22.  RE: SEP 12.1 Notification Conditions- How to update, none are available to edit

Posted Sep 24, 2012 10:36 AM

Query Express:

http://www.albahari.com/queryexpress.aspx

• 23.  RE: SEP 12.1 Notification Conditions- How to update, none are available to edit

Posted Sep 26, 2012 09:28 AM

I got tired of dealing with this so I went out and created another problem!!! My lack of experience and lack of patience with SEPM. I wiped out my installation and installed SEPM 12.1 from scratch. This may require a fresh post and close this topic.

1- SEPM is up and running and licensed (my upgrade did not appear to be licensed, nor could I find the place to activate it) ((with the fresh install, the license details are very easy to locate)).

2- I imported my old policies, but nothing else. I have no groups or clients. (I have manually created my groups)

3- Can I get the new install of 12.1 to communicate to my 11.7 clients (I do not know the encrypted password that was used with the previous installation).

• 24.  RE: SEP 12.1 Notification Conditions- How to update, none are available to edit
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 26, 2012 09:51 AM

Hi,

1- SEPM is up and running and licensed (my upgrade did not appear to be licensed, nor could I find the place to activate it) ((with the fresh install, the license details are very easy to locate)).

--> Check this article: http://bit.ly/K56HXM

2- I imported my old policies, but nothing else. I have no groups or clients. (I have manually created my groups)

--> Actually there is a way recover the group structure however it's fine if you would have created them correctly

3- Can I get the new install of 12.1 to communicate to my 11.7 clients (I do not know the encrypted password that was used with the previous installation).

--> You can use sylink replacer tool to point existing SEP clients to the new SEPM manager.

Restoring communication to clients with a new Sylink.xml file

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH106288

You have not mentioned specific version details so I will prefer to deploy fresh new client packages.

Configuring and deploying client software on Windows computers

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO26790

• 25.  RE: SEP 12.1 Notification Conditions- How to update, none are available to edit

Posted Oct 02, 2012 09:45 AM

Thank you Chetan!! I have been able to update the communications on the existing clients and I am starting to update those to 12.1.

• 26.  RE: SEP 12.1 Notification Conditions- How to update, none are available to edit

Posted Oct 12, 2012 12:56 PM

Chetan, Do you know if I can recover a policy? I discovered that I did not export the policy for my mail servers and I am afraid to upgrade that client. I have the entire DIR structure copied (to another folder) from my old installation.

• 27.  RE: SEP 12.1 Notification Conditions- How to update, none are available to edit

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 15, 2012 03:10 AM

Hi,

About which policy are you talking about? Which policy you haven't exported?