Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Sep 12.1 RU1 on Macintosh - need complete list of running processes

Posted Feb 09, 2012 02:59 PM

We will begin testing Sep 12.1 RU1 on the MAC platform soon.

Where can we find a complete list of running processes? Including launch daemons, launch agents, etc...

Thanks,
    Don

• 2.  RE: Sep 12.1 RU1 on Macintosh - need complete list of running processes

Posted Feb 09, 2012 04:07 PM

Swapnil, those aren't Mac processes.

Don, I will see what I can find regarding this, but if you can let me know what it is you're trying to do (setting up allowances in Workgroup Manager for example) maybe I can help in that way too.

sandra

• 3.  RE: Sep 12.1 RU1 on Macintosh - need complete list of running processes

Posted Feb 09, 2012 04:10 PM

Removed as Sandra mentioned .

Thanks Sandra for the update . :-)

• 4.  RE: Sep 12.1 RU1 on Macintosh - need complete list of running processes

Posted Feb 09, 2012 04:21 PM

Hi Sandra,

We will be testing SEP 12.1 RU1 in a LAB environment. Our testing includes monitoring running processes, daemons and agents. This way we can know what we are looking at during testing, if we see runaway processes, spinning beach ball, etc.

Running processes show up in Terminal (top) and Activity Monitor. We need to know what is spawned by SEP. This includes launch daemons, launch agents, etc., for every part of SEP (the application, the scheduler, the background scanner, etc.).

This inquiry is similar to the one I posted in late 2010:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/list-sep-ru6-running-processes-mac

PS, we are not using MCX, so Workgroup Manager is not in the picture. This is a proactive approach from a LAB testing perspective. :)

Thanks,
    Don

• 5.  RE: Sep 12.1 RU1 on Macintosh - need complete list of running processes

Posted Feb 09, 2012 04:34 PM

Ahh, thanks. I don't think there's much significant difference between 11 and 12.1 (I think the licensed status and location awareness are the two major differences), but the old Connect thread gives me a good baseline from which to start.

sandra

• 6.  RE: Sep 12.1 RU1 on Macintosh - need complete list of running processes

Posted Feb 17, 2012 11:37 AM

Just wanted to let you know we are working on this--I haven't forgotten. Hope to have something soon.

sandra