Video Screencast Help

SEP 12.1 RU1 MP1 on Citrix XenApp 6.5 W2K8R2 SP1 with App-V 4.6 SP1 Hotfix 7 issues.

Created: 18 Nov 2012 | 3 comments

We have running a Citrix farm with about 15000 concurrent users and use App-V to virtualize about 60 applications. The servers are not virtualized - runs on HP blade servers. Every day we experience that the App-V process/service (sftlist.exe) crashes and the result is that all users on that server is thrown out and unable to start new applications. About 32-40 users on each server. We have done all the exclusions that is necessary for App-V and also stopped the BASH driver (BHDRVX64) as this is known to interfere. We have also disabled Proactive scan / Sonar and Network threat. We are working with Microsoft on this and also opened a support case with Symantec, but not been able to get any closer on solving this.

Anyone that have a similar con fig and are able to make it run? If so, what did you do?

 

Thanks,

Lars

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

.Brian's picture

Latest SEP version is RU2, you may want to upgrade a few clients as a test to see what the result is.

Check best practices for sep on terminal servers:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?pag...

Make sure to install only the AV component to start to minimise problems.

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

Lars_B2's picture

Thanks for the reply Brian81. We have installed the basic version of the client to just get the AV version as you suggest. We have also read the SEP whitepaper for terminal servers, but it didn't give much related to our problem. Will test RU2 on some clients yes, but can't find any info on anything that is fixed related to our problem.

Lars_B2's picture

Just a quick heads-up on this; updating to the 12.1 RU2 version seems to fix the issue. Two App-V issues were amongst the fixes that are fixed in this re lase and that looks to be enough to fix our problem.

So what we did were:

- Update both the SEPM and client to 12.1 RU2. Deployed only the basic client install.

- Disabled the BASH filer driver (BHDRVX64/X86)

- Made sure that all the necessary exceptions were set (Remember to use a trailing \ in the folder exclusions).

 

/Lars