Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEP 12.1 RU2 no definition reporting

Posted Jan 02, 2013 10:57 AM

This is a clean installation of SEPM 12.1 RU2 on Windows 2008 R2 Standard Edition. All 25 test-clients including local SEP 12.1 RU2 installation fail to report to SEPM about their definition-status. There is no problem when I look on the SEP client itself, the definitions update through SEPM when in-house and through LiveUpdate when out-of-office. The SEP clients also fail to report last-scan status. All other reporting and communication seems to be ok though...

I have tried re-installing some clients and used sylink-drop on a few but neither helped.

Please help!

• 2.  RE: SEP 12.1 RU2 no definition reporting

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 02, 2013 11:02 AM
    can you try delete the SEP client from SEPM console and let us know if it updates.

• 3.  RE: SEP 12.1 RU2 no definition reporting

Posted Jan 02, 2013 11:14 AM
    Hello Pete I'm sorry, I forgot to write that I've tried that already. The SEP client comes back to SEPM after a while but with the same erroneous reporting. /Jonas

• 4.  RE: SEP 12.1 RU2 no definition reporting

Posted Jan 02, 2013 11:21 AM

How long has this being going on?

What happens if you force a client check in?

• 5.  RE: SEP 12.1 RU2 no definition reporting

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 02, 2013 11:22 AM
    can you run symhelp and see if you find error related to corrupt definition? is this machine cloned/imaged without removing sephwid.xml and registry related to hardware id?

• 6.  RE: SEP 12.1 RU2 no definition reporting

Posted Jan 03, 2013 03:48 AM
    Hi again folks, thank you for trying to help me, but please read given facts before throwing out questions. Brian, it's a clean installation of SEPM 12.1 RU2, this was released 2012-11-15, my problems started 2012-12-05 as seen in picture "SEP 12.1 RU2 definition problem 1.PNG". Pete, symhelp didn't report any corrupt definitions. As you can see in picture "SEP 12.1 RU2 definition problem 1.PNG" and "SEP 12.1 RU2 definition problem 2.PNG" the definitions download and install without any problems. Pete, no cloning involved. /Jonas

• 7.  RE: SEP 12.1 RU2 no definition reporting
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 03, 2013 04:18 AM

This issue has been solved now! A good old restart of the server did the trick. It seems restarting the services wasn't enough. Even offline-computers have newer data now, so it might have been a database-issue rather than a communication-issue...

/Jonas