Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEP 12.1 - Is the Unmanaged Detector fixed for limited admins?

Posted Jul 11, 2011 11:15 AM

In SEP 11, the Unmanged Detector feature did not work properly for limited administrators. If we had 50 groups in the SEPM and each group had a limited admin who could only see information about the clients in that group, it would still give an error in the Home area reporting about clients in other groups (that the limited admin cannot see) detected by the Unmanged Detector.

Basically, it made the feature useless for us because we have around 150 groups, each with their own limited admin, that should only be managing their own groups. Meaning they should only be seeing results from Unmanged Detectors in their own groups, not from Unmanaged Detectors in other groups they have no access to.

I'm curious if this is fixed in SEP 12.1?

• 2.  RE: SEP 12.1 - Is the Unmanaged Detector fixed for limited admins?

Posted Jul 11, 2011 12:46 PM

Thats a good question - not a defect I've seen myself - can you tell me if you have logged a call for this in SEP11?

• 3.  RE: SEP 12.1 - Is the Unmanaged Detector fixed for limited admins?

Posted Jul 12, 2011 03:45 AM

Paul,

We had that issue as well.  We have each country in it's own domain under SEP11 and if for example an Admin in Russia activated a un-managed detector then the Admin in Italy started having loads of machines from Russia showing up in his un-managed machines list.

It was a pain but it was not something we were bothered about using so never raised it with you guys tbh... nice to know it was not just limited to us but someone else had the issue...

• 4.  RE: SEP 12.1 - Is the Unmanaged Detector fixed for limited admins?

Posted Jul 12, 2011 08:48 AM

Paul,

Yes. It was Case # 320-214-667.

• 5.  RE: SEP 12.1 - Is the Unmanaged Detector fixed for limited admins?

Posted Jul 12, 2011 08:51 AM

Yeah. Besides making the feature unusable, it also caused a lot of questions from our limited admins. Because if one of the limited admins enabled an Unmanaged Detector in their group that came back with unprotected machines, then the Home screen's Security Status would show up RED for all our limited admins. Eventually we had to tell them how to click the "Preferences" link and uncheck the option "Percentage of computers that do not have the client installed" so they wouldn't have a false alarm anymore.