Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

SEP 12.1 vShield - how to deploy on 1,000+ esx servers.

Created: 03 Mar 2014 • Updated: 13 Mar 2014 | 8 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi,

I have just installed vShied SVA on my first esx host, now I have another 999 esx hosts remaining.  By the time I finish deployment, SEP14 will have been released wink.  Is there an easier way to deploy vShield please?  I think the concept is brilliant but the effort to set it up is time consuming. Thanks for your help.

Operating Systems:

Comments 8 CommentsJump to latest comment

Rafeeq's picture

Are you using it as an appliance?

What do I need to do to use a vShield-enabled Shared Insight Cache?

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO81121
por997's picture

Hi Rafeeq, yes as an appliance.  I also had to install Vmware tools, but the time taken to install one ESX host I am wondering are the benefits really worth it?

Rafeeq's picture

How many GVMs ?  How often do you run scheduled scan on these Vms?

its for sharing scan results, if the performance is already better, then I dont think its needed :) 

.Brian's picture

I want to point out this thread for you:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/sva...

Have a read and see what you think. It is very informative.

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

SOLUTION
por997's picture

Thanks _Brian and Rafeeq - looks like shadow papas went off on one - but he is right in what he is saying and great to see someone tells it as it is!

Symantec should hire him as a tester!

I will review SDCS documentation and revert back.

.Brian's picture

Agreed yes

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.