Mohan Babu

Mohan BabuNov 14, 2012 06:44 PM

Migration User

Migration UserNov 21, 2012 12:27 AM

Mohan Babu

Mohan BabuNov 26, 2012 08:43 PM

Migration User

Migration UserNov 27, 2012 03:59 AM

• 1.  SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 14, 2012 03:37 PM

Wow..........

Download the files here with your SEP 12.1 Serial number.

https://fileconnect.symantec.com

New fixes and enhancements in Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 Release Update 2

Article on this Latest Release of Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.RU2 are available, check these -

Knowledgebase Articles for Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1. RU2

Knowledgebase Articles for Symantec Endpoint Protection SBE 12.1. RU2

• 2.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 14, 2012 03:51 PM

Showing for me as well

• 3.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 14, 2012 05:56 PM

Does not show up for me yet, as usual. This is beyond frustrating. The most recent SMSME came out weeks ago and yet does not show up. Our licenses are valid through mid-2013. Now, it's time to wait three days for customer service to give me a temporary account which is analogous to a shoddy band aid on a gaping wound. I don't know why these people can't get it right and tie these to the licenses that we paid for ... dearly.

• 4.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 14, 2012 06:44 PM

Hope you will get this ASAP...

• 5.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 15, 2012 01:43 AM

what about the licensing ?

is it going to be the same serial number as it is in the 12.1 ?

• 6.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 15, 2012 05:01 AM

John Santana

Yes same serial number as its in the 12.1. No change in that.....................

• 7.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Nov 15, 2012 07:43 AM

Hello,

Also, Check these -

Latest Symantec Endpoint Protection Releases - Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1. RU2

Note: If incase you do not see the SEP 12.1 RU2 Release on Fileconnect, you may see the same in few days on your Fileconnect Account.

Hope that helps!!

• 8.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 15, 2012 08:43 AM

If you have the full Symantec Protection Suite, it doesn't appear to be available yet. At least it isn't available for me yet.

• 9.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 15, 2012 10:40 AM

Hi,

In case you see SEP 12.1 RU2 available for download then it might be in English Edition only.

For local languages you might have to wait for few more days. (Probably till 30th Nov'12)

For suites you might have to wait till december.

• 10.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 15, 2012 03:46 PM

We're licensed for Symantec Protection Suite - English. Don't have a need for localized languages. Just have a need for 12.2. It ain't there yet...

• 11.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 15, 2012 05:04 PM

Don't have to wait until u get  updated package for SEP 12.1.2 on fileconnect for your Serial number.

Just call the Licensing Team and request for the Temp serial number to download the product.

Download and upgrade.

For Symantec Protection Suite users it will be updated soon but we are not sure about the time frame....

Hugs..........

• 12.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 15, 2012 07:01 PM

"Symantec Protection Suite" --> Ah now I know why I couldn't get mine today :-/

• 13.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 16, 2012 08:21 AM

Still no 12.2 available...

Who has time to sit on the phone waiting for someone from the Licensing Team? I know I don't.

• 14.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 16, 2012 09:59 AM

I did call licensing and received a temporary serial number and downloaded 12.1.2.  They were helpful and it was a quick process. 

However, because I have the small business edition suite, my license is now not valid.  Just an FYI in case anyone else with the same version is reading the post.  Am waiting for response from licensing to determine If I'll need to uninstall/restore my previous management server or what the next step will be.  Not happy with support of this rollout, which I really need for my new mac clients.

• 15.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 17, 2012 06:49 PM

I agree with you empmarkus................... Log a case with support team they will provide u the better suggestion...........

Question:

1. Have u received the Temporary serial number for SEP 12.1.2 for Enterprise Edition?.
    2. Have you upgraded the Manager and clients from SEP SBE 12.1.2 to SEP EE 12.1.2?

If you did that and you not willing to move to SEP Enterprise Edition then you need to uninstall and reinstall the SEPM Server and Clients running on SEP 12.1.2 EE and install SEP 12.1.2 SBE

Note: You cannot downgrade from Enterpise Edition to Small Buisiness Edition its not supported downgrade path.

Hope it helps

• 16.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 19, 2012 09:15 AM

Still not on FileConnect. Support did get me a temp license license so at least I can get it downloaded and complete my testing.

Not happy at all with the way the release of this update was handled. If Symantec wasn't the best AV product on the market, I'd go looking for another.

• 17.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 19, 2012 10:51 AM

I'm in the same boat as many of you other folks with the SPS licenses. The 12.1.2 has not shown up under my FileConnect for the serial number. Then again, neither has the new SMSME which was released weeks ago. In both cases, I had to fight to get a temporary serial number from Symantec support. The support folks don't seem to give two <OMITTED>s that we have Platinum suppot with a 2hr response time. As it is, no one can seem to direct me to the person who manages our account at Symantec. Respectfully, I'd prefer they be stateside and not in the depths of Bangalore.

According to the support rep, it "takes a little longer" for those of us with Enterprise licensing to get the updates. The tech cited some nonsense runaround excuse as to why this is. Regardless, it is unacceptable.

At any rate, we have our SEPM server updated, and we are testing a handful of clients for the soaking period. Not much has changed. The greatest improvement is that you can now automatically deploy Sylink communication settings instead of using alchemy to make it work.

• 18.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 19, 2012 10:53 AM

Why is it that Mail Security for Exchange had an update released weeks ago, and none of us SPS customers can even get that under our serials? I don't think it's a delay. I think something is broken, and people either don't feel like addressing it, or no one knows what the heck is going on. We don't even get email notifications about new versions. I have to comb through the forums to find out when new releases are available. You folks got a huge chunk of money from the company that employs me. I thought that would be incentive to match us up with the level of support that kind of cash would bring.

</RANT>

• 19.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 19, 2012 10:56 AM

Same here. It took me two hours of having to gracefully nudge the support staff to let us have one. 

Proper updating of paid SPS accounts -> email notification -> client responds by downloading through File Connect: 15 minutes.

Symantec support method: 2 hours

The look on their face when dissatisfied customers go elsewhere: Priceless.

If you're listening, Symantec, please fix this. It wasn't always this way.

• 20.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 19, 2012 12:08 PM

Why the heck should I pay for Premium support if I'm not going to get it?

Why should it take longer for Enterprise customers to get updates? Isn't that why we pay all the extra bucks?

On the upside, I got the client installed on a test Win8 PC and it didn't blue-screen on restart. :-)

• 21.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 19, 2012 02:50 PM

FYI I had to call symantec and get a temp serial to login with. Using the serial that I have registered in SEPM did not show up with the new version.

They just simply confirm information after you give them the serial that you have registered with SEP 12.1 RU1 and they will supply you with a temp one that you can use to download the new version.

• 22.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 19, 2012 10:09 PM

IT wont show up because the migration process for Licensing is not yet completed for Proection Suite users.

Once they done it will be available on fileconnect website.

So get the Temp serial number as of now and download the product.

Note:

Temp serial number is only for download 

Dont try to register it with SEPM. It wont work.

• 23.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 19, 2012 11:00 PM

So can we perform Production server upgrade with this file downloaded from the Fileconnect without any issue ?

• 24.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 19, 2012 11:06 PM

Yes, But  make sure with the licensing team with the Temp key that what you need either  Smanll Buisness editions or Enterpise Edition.

If you using SBE and u got download link for EE. Then u can upgrade but cant downgrade from EE to SBE.

You need to be clear with Licensing team Because we cant expect them to be Technically strong.

Then only they can help you...

• 25.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 19, 2012 11:44 PM

Yes that is correct. I have successfully downloaded the Enterprise Edition.

Thanks man !

• 26.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 20, 2012 05:15 AM

In my file connect the setup is not showing..how much time it will take?

• 27.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 20, 2012 08:40 AM

I hope it will be soon, lot of ITs uses Win 8 without AV :(

• 28.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 20, 2012 09:28 PM

As per my prediction within this month all will receive the download of SEP 12.1.2.

But officialy not yet announced.

Thanks in advance.

• 29.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 21, 2012 12:27 AM

cool, the wait is over :-)

• 30.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 21, 2012 02:21 PM

Installed SEP 12.1.2 on my Windows 8 home machines.  Found that file transfers are extremely slow.  Did not have problem with Windows 7 SEP 12.1.1. 

Disabled Network Threat Protection during large file transfer and it resumed to a fast rate.  Could not isolate the SEP firewall rule that could be impacting this. 

Any ideas on creating an exception for a fix?

Could it be that on Win 7, SEP 12.1.1 disabled Windows Firewall while SEP 12.1.2 has both running?  Will verify when I get home.

Any insight would be appreciated.

• 31.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 25, 2012 08:15 AM

Go to the SEPM manager console and Policies tab Firewall policy check the default firewall policy there would be a Block simple file sharing rule disable tat rule and check how it works.....

• 32.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 26, 2012 02:05 AM

Still waiting for SEP 12 RU2 to show on fileconnect for me??

• 33.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 26, 2012 05:21 AM

Hi,

If you are not able to see English vesion available to download then need to contact Symantec license department.

They can help you on this.

Phone number: 1-800-721-3934
    Email: license@symantec.com

You can try by sending an email at license@symantec.com

Contact Us

http://www.symantec.com/partners/support/contact-us.jsp

Assistant & Information

http://www.symantec.com/support/assistance_information.jsp

• 34.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 26, 2012 01:05 PM

Still not available for those of us licensed for Protection Suite. It's only been two weeks though... I'm sure it will show up in the next month or two.wink

I did get it with a temp license. What a pain. It only took two days to get a temp license, and that's only because I didn't want to spend hours on the phone with support.

• 35.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 26, 2012 03:14 PM

For the record, I called today and was on the phone a total of 6 minutes to get the temp license. Shouldn't have been necessary, but wasn't exactly painful.

• 36.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 26, 2012 08:43 PM

any update on ur ur issue vocifrs

• 37.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 27, 2012 03:02 AM

Checked fileconnect today and now it appears - busy with downloading .

• 38.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 27, 2012 03:59 AM

Fine day, today, finally I can download new SEP smiley

• 39.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 27, 2012 04:13 PM

Hi Vocifrs,

Any luck determining if that was the issue?

My issue is that we disable the local SEP firewall and use the MS Firewall for GPO purposes and after I installed (upgraded from 12.1.1) 12.1.2 on 2 different machines (Win XP SP3 and Win7 32bit) the Windows Firewall did not re-enable at all, even after reboot. :(  New Bug I think.

It worked perfectly on SEP12.1.1.  Now I have a dilemna, whether or not to push this version out to the Client machines here. (1000+).

Thanks!

• 40.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Nov 27, 2012 06:08 PM

The slow file transfer issue is now intermittent and varies on different machines.  I do not have SEPM Manager installed, just several unmanaged machines at home.  Did not experience this problem with Windows 7 / SEP 12.1.1.  I unchecked "do not scan remote computers" on the client, but this is in the Antivirus section.  I think the problem is in the NTP section.  Still trying to isolate the root cause.

Separately, I'm seeing several pop-up messages the "Endpoint Protection has blocked dasHost.exe" and the same with svchost.exe.  It started occurring after I ran an initial Active Scan.  Some of my other machines have not seen these pop-ups except for the pre-existing block of autorun when a usb hard drive or flash drive is inserted.  From the limited information that I've found, these are new services running in Windows 8 that SEP 12.1.2 apparently has not covered.

• 41.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Dec 02, 2012 07:24 PM

"From the limited information that I've found, these are new services running in Windows 8 that SEP 12.1.2 apparently has not covered."

So doe we need to put that services binary to the exception list ?

• 42.  RE: SEP 12.1.2 has been released finally..

Posted Dec 05, 2012 06:29 PM

Sounds like it.  Though that defeats the 12.1.2 code upgrade that was designed for Windows 8.  Wondering if others that have implemented this on Windows 8 machines are seeing the repeated pop-ups.