Video Screencast Help

SEP 12.1.2015 Forcing a reboot

Created: 06 Feb 2013 • Updated: 25 Feb 2013 | 8 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

We just upgraded from SEP 12 MP1 RU1 to SEP 12 RU2, now when we create deployments packages it wants to reboot the computers or the servers, even though we picked the No Reboot installation

We have a mix of Sep 11 and SEP 12 Machines on our network.

We do not want to reboot the servers until Windows Updates are necessary.

Are we missing a step? We would appreciate any info on this thanks!

Comments 8 CommentsJump to latest comment

_Brian's picture

Yes, its a 2 step process:

Go to the Clients page

Select the group the PCs are in that you dont want to reboot

Select the Policies tab at the top

Click on General Settings

Look at the Restart Settings tab. Configure this accordingly

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

SOLUTION
_Brian's picture

Cool, let me know how it goes and if it was successful

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

tech206's picture

Found the check box
I am going to test a few Packages
Thank you

_Brian's picture

Glad to help. Hopefully that is what you needed. Please mark the thread as solved if it solved your issue for the benefit of users in future.

Sumit G's picture

Your testing getting success or still it pending?

Regards

Sumit G.

tech206's picture

Server package is fine!

We are getting reboot prompts going from SEP 11 to 12.1.2 RU2.

I was reading that this is normal. is this correct? if it is correct we can close this.

SebastianZ's picture

Reboot of the machine will be required always when upgrading from SEP 11 to 12.1 - this is normal and expected due to differnced in the architecture of both versions.