Video Screencast Help

SEP 12.1.2015.2015 & LiveUpdate Administrator

Created: 28 Dec 2012 • Updated: 30 Dec 2012 | 4 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hello:

Since upgrading to 12.1.2015.2015 in my test environment, test clients have not received updates from our LiveUpdate Server.  In the LiveUpdate Administrator, I currently have Symantec Endpoint Protection v12.1 selected in My Symanted Products.  Does 12.1.2015.2015 require another product selection such as v12.1 RU2 or v12.1 (Beta)?

If this is the case, can I remove Symantec Endpoint Protection v12.1 from My Symantec Products?

Thank you,
Anthony

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

_Brian's picture

12.1 should apply to all versions so you should not need to remove.

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

pete_4u2002's picture

are the clients having the LU policy to get the content from internal LUA?
can the clients browse to the location of the content?

MrDaytrade's picture

I added Symantec Endpoint Protection v12.1 RU2 from the product catalog to the download and distribution center.  I then ran live update on the clients and they pulled down the updates.  It appears that 12.1.2015.2015 requires Symantec Endpoint Protection v12.1 RU2 be added to LUA.

SOLUTION
Ajit Jha's picture

Hi,

In recent days i have solved various such issues in several Domain Newtork. Please find the steps below which help me resolving this issue:

ISSUE: SEPM and SEP agents not updating definitions after Date.

CAUSE: Corrupt LU Download content.

SOLUTION: The following steps were taken to resolve the issue:

1. Deleted the contents of C:\TempDownload and C:\Program Data\Symantec\Live update\Downloads.
  2. Recreated the Download and Distribution Folder.
  3. Created a New Manual Download Request.
  4. Downloaded the definitions.
  5. Created a New Manual Distribution Request.
  6. Update the clients using Manual Distribution request.

Regard's

Ajit Jha

Technical Consultant

ASC & STS