Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEP 12.1.2015.2015 update not showing "Restart Required" in the Manager

Posted Apr 19, 2013 12:15 PM

Hello All!

I'm running a silent/no reboot install on one of my groups of the latest 12.1.  The update makes it down to the client fine and after installation the green dot on the shield icon changes to yellow, indicating a reboot is necessary.  However, upon refreshing the SEPM console the devices do not show that a reboot is pending.  We have a 15-minute check-in interval on our clients and their status stays the same well past that time.

How do I get the Manager to show the devices that need a reboot?

Thanks,

Steve Hurd, MCSE, CCNA, VCP5

Floyd Memorial Hospital

New Albany, IN

• 2.  RE: SEP 12.1.2015.2015 update not showing "Restart Required" in the Manager

Posted Apr 19, 2013 12:20 PM

Are you doing an upgrade of a previous version? If so, what version?

Is only the AV component being upgraded?

If you select the Computer Status report from the Monitors page and click on Advanced Settings >> Compliance Options and check the Restart Required box, does it show what PCs need to be rebooted?

• 3.  RE: SEP 12.1.2015.2015 update not showing "Restart Required" in the Manager

• 4.  RE: SEP 12.1.2015.2015 update not showing "Restart Required" in the Manager

Posted Apr 19, 2013 12:58 PM

if you are just upgrading the existing set of packages then reboot is not necessary.

if you are adding components like NTP a reboot is necessary.

setting that option will not reboot the client automatically but it would say reboot is necessary

which one did you select?

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH177107

• 5.  RE: SEP 12.1.2015.2015 update not showing "Restart Required" in the Manager

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Apr 19, 2013 01:00 PM

Hello,

Are you changing both these settings provided below:

Step 1) When you created the package under Admin page >> Install Packages >> Client Install Settings, select the "Schedule Reboot" tab and set it to what you want here.

Step 2 )

Go to Clients page >> select a group >> Policies tab >> General Settings >> Restart Settings tab

Set it to what you need it to be.

Configuring both of these will get you what you need as you can supress the reboot by configuring these 2 settings.

Hope that helps!!

• 6.  RE: SEP 12.1.2015.2015 update not showing "Restart Required" in the Manager

Posted Apr 19, 2013 03:53 PM

I'm going from 12.1.671.4971 to 10.1.2015.2015.  I just want the "Restart Required" optioin  to show as Yes once the client is ready to be rebooted, but it isn't.

Thanks,

Steve Hurd 

• 7.  RE: SEP 12.1.2015.2015 update not showing "Restart Required" in the Manager

Posted Apr 19, 2013 03:58 PM

That is because if you're just upgrading the client with the same feature than no reboot should be required.

Is this case or adding you adding a feature like NTP?

• 8.  RE: SEP 12.1.2015.2015 update not showing "Restart Required" in the Manager

Posted Apr 22, 2013 09:03 AM

I'm telling it to not preserve settings and apply the settings from the new package.  The client shows a reboot is necessary(yellow dot), just not in the manager.  When I push this out to the organization I can have it prompt the user to reboot, if necessary.

Thanks,

Steve Hurd

• 9.  RE: SEP 12.1.2015.2015 update not showing "Restart Required" in the Manager

Posted Apr 23, 2013 04:52 AM

Hi

Can you please check whether in the Client setting you have put checkmark on "Remove Previous logs and policies and reset communication settings"

Regards