Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEP 12.1.4013.4013 Disabled XP FIrewall (AGGG!!!!)

Posted Mar 24, 2014 01:58 PM

On clean install Xp sp3.

If a install the sep without network protection, just only Antivir and antyspyware protection, the firewall on control panel (Xp sp3) looks disabled, grayed.

I can not understand what happend, but i want continue using xp firewall but with this product is impossible!.

I try to uninstall SEP and does not work, uninstall is ok but the firewall still disabled grayed......

• 2.  RE: SEP 12.1.4013.4013 Disabled XP FIrewall (AGGG!!!!)

Posted Mar 24, 2014 02:05 PM

Are you checking via the Control Panel? Can you manually go in and check the windows fw to see if you can edit or not?

Is there a firewall policy assigned to the group this client is in? Even though you don't have the SEP fw installed on the client...if so, withdraw it.

• 3.  RE: SEP 12.1.4013.4013 Disabled XP FIrewall (AGGG!!!!)

Posted Mar 24, 2014 02:27 PM

What happens when you try to uninstall? does it rollback?

is it a managed version or unmanaged?

• 4.  RE: SEP 12.1.4013.4013 Disabled XP FIrewall (AGGG!!!!)

Posted Mar 24, 2014 04:08 PM

1- Yes, i check via Control Panel and i can not edit the firewall state is grayed, i can not turn on /off

2- Is a unmanaged version, when i uninstall the SEP, everything is ok, no errors, but when i restart the machine, the firewall of Windows is still disabled....and i can not edit via Control Panel....

No policies assigned to this machine on domain.....

• 5.  RE: SEP 12.1.4013.4013 Disabled XP FIrewall (AGGG!!!!)

Posted Mar 24, 2014 04:14 PM

You may need to call support to get cleanwipe tool or follow this document to uninstall teefer2 driver from your network connection

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH91038

• 6.  RE: SEP 12.1.4013.4013 Disabled XP FIrewall (AGGG!!!!)

Posted Mar 26, 2014 11:35 AM

Maybe i hve to open a new case because;

- tested on xp sp3 clean, unmanaged versión, no policies assigned to this machine..

SEP not detect the state of Windows Firewall and when a Install SEP on XP sp3 machine with network protection, the XP firewall is still running.

On win7 machine, works fine, SEP detect Windows firewall and disable it.....

IS THERE A BUG WITH XP sp3 MACHINES???

• 7.  RE: SEP 12.1.4013.4013 Disabled XP FIrewall (AGGG!!!!)

Posted Mar 26, 2014 10:47 PM

I cannot imagine or fathom any enterprise or company on XP Professional considering April 08th, 2014 is fast approaching and what Symantec official position is on this matter - with SEP.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH204937

• 8.  RE: SEP 12.1.4013.4013 Disabled XP FIrewall (AGGG!!!!)

Posted Mar 27, 2014 04:20 AM

Ok, Symantec says clearly that your product is compatible, so it is not my problem, the problem is with Symantec. 
    There is a major bug and Symantec have to fix it. 

Of course with such errors seriously wont me to renew my corporate licenses ...

Marcus, 

do you work at microsoft? Are you rich? We are a major company in our industry with over 900 employees in Spain and we have no plans to migrate to Windows 7 at the momen.....

your post does not help the resolution of this problem ...

Marcus

• 9.  RE: SEP 12.1.4013.4013 Disabled XP FIrewall (AGGG!!!!)

Posted Mar 27, 2014 05:32 AM

You are right.  Symantec will continue creating fixes and patches for SEP12.1 on XP for the foreseeable future.  Have you contacted support?  If this is a major issue you should be going through your partner to get support.  Partners have elevated channels to talk to higher levels of support much faster than a customer would.

That being said have you tried deploying SEP with network protection but having the SEP firewall disabled?  At least then you'll get other network related protection - which IMO is a very important security layer.  Having just AV nowadays is simply not enough protection.