Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEP 12.1.5 - AD synced clients, export unprotected computers

Posted Mar 17, 2015 11:34 AM

I've looked around here for this answer, and only seen a few suggested that were close or for the wrong version.  (Seems that 11 had a good tool to find unprotected computers, and was removed.)

My clients are synced with AD, (I hate that you can't deploy from there though) I can see all of my computers from each OU.  That part works fine.

I need to export a list of the computers that have yet to have SEP installed.  I have tried the monitors, log, and computer status.  1. It only lists clients that have SEP installed already, 2. I have 2 sites, and 2 domains.  Even when I specify in advanced filters to only use one site, and one domain.  It still lists every computer that has SEP installed.

From what I see monitors and logs only see clients, not unprotected computers.  Even if there are listed in an imported OU.

For those that must ask why.  (Why ask why anyway?  I need a list, why?  Because I need a list.)  I need a text list, I use in one of my ping scripts, if the computer is online, it outputs to a text file.  That text file appears to be the most efficient way to install SEP.

So pull a list from SEP, import that list into SEP, deploy.  (Sounds funny doesn't it?)

Thank you.

Chris

IT - need a sense of humor, if you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.  Or you need to find another profession.

• 2.  RE: SEP 12.1.5 - AD synced clients, export unprotected computers
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 17, 2015 11:45 AM

Best bet is run this script against your OUs:

http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Symantec-Endpoint-8e47c450

You won't get much help from the SEPM unless you setup unmanaged detectors to find devices without SEP.

• 3.  RE: SEP 12.1.5 - AD synced clients, export unprotected computers

Posted Mar 17, 2015 01:14 PM

Are you using SQL or Embedded DB?

If you are using SQL and have Management Studio Installed

Check the SEM_Client Table

The colum Group_IS_OU 

0 meaning client is from AD and has SEP installed

1 client is Synched from AD but do not have SEP installed

Select Group_IS_OU ,Computer_Name from dbo.SEM_Client

Here is the entire schema

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=DOC6039