Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEP 12.1.5 Not installing finished installation with a message installation interrupted.

Posted Apr 22, 2015 06:51 AM
      |   view attached

SEP 12.1.5 Not installing finished installation with a message installation interrupted.

Attachment(s)

rar
    SEP_INST.rar   8 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: SEP 12.1.5 Not installing finished installation with a message installation interrupted.

Posted Apr 22, 2015 06:52 AM
    Was there an SIS_INST.log as well? What OS is this happening on?

• 3.  RE: SEP 12.1.5 Not installing finished installation with a message installation interrupted.

Posted Apr 22, 2015 07:01 AM

Hi Brian,

I have attached the SIS_INST.Log in compressed format. The OS is Windows XP SP3

• 4.  RE: SEP 12.1.5 Not installing finished installation with a message installation interrupted.

Posted Apr 22, 2015 07:02 AM

Hi Brian,

I have attached the SIS_INST.Log in compressed format. The OS is Windows XP SP3

• 5.  RE: SEP 12.1.5 Not installing finished installation with a message installation interrupted.

Posted Apr 22, 2015 07:06 AM

This is what I see in the logs

4Symantec Endpoint Protection has detected that there are pending system changes that require a reboot.  Please reboot the system and rerun the installation.

Follow this document

Error: "...pending system changes that require a reboot" when installing Endpoint Protection

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH103109.html

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/pending-file-rename-operations

• 6.  RE: SEP 12.1.5 Not installing finished installation with a message installation interrupted.

Posted Apr 22, 2015 07:09 AM
    Have you rebooted the system? If so delete this reg key and try the install again HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\PendingFileRenameOperations

• 7.  RE: SEP 12.1.5 Not installing finished installation with a message installation interrupted.

Posted Apr 22, 2015 07:26 AM

Hi Brian and Rafeeq,

I have restarted the system. Still it is not installing.

• 8.  RE: SEP 12.1.5 Not installing finished installation with a message installation interrupted.

Posted Apr 22, 2015 07:36 AM

Hi,

I haven't find PendingFileRenameOperations in the registry.

• 9.  RE: SEP 12.1.5 Not installing finished installation with a message installation interrupted.

Posted Apr 22, 2015 08:37 AM

Did you delete those keys and restart?

• 10.  RE: SEP 12.1.5 Not installing finished installation with a message installation interrupted.

Posted Apr 22, 2015 09:05 AM

I dont find the key "PendingFileRenameOperations" in the given registry path.

• 11.  RE: SEP 12.1.5 Not installing finished installation with a message installation interrupted.

Posted Apr 22, 2015 09:15 AM

it will be on the right side of session manager

its not a key but a value Regedit-Session-Manager-PendingFileRenameOperations.jpg