Endpoint SWAT: Protect the Endpoint Community

View Only
  • 1.  SEP 12.1.5: what does this fix ID mean?

Posted Sep 23, 2014 11:21 AM

The What's New and Fixes section of the 12.1.5 notes (not the release notes but the website blog post Chetan posted) has the following:

User profile folder is not deleted during log off

Fix ID: 3369110

Symptom: The computer fails to delete the user profile while the user is logging off.

Solution: The client now closes the log file more quickly during log off to avoid locking the user profile

I'm just wondering what this means?  This is a very generic sort of half-description.  Are we talking Windows systems, domain-joined systems with roaming profiles, redirected user profiles, etc.  ?  I have a customer who has hordes of c:\users\username.domain.000, .001, .002 onwards up to for example .135 and so forth on many of their systems.  Just wondering if this is because of SEP. 

Thanks! 

• 2.  RE: SEP 12.1.5: what does this fix ID mean?

Posted Sep 23, 2014 11:26 AM

The users profile that they log in to

• 3.  RE: SEP 12.1.5: what does this fix ID mean?
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 23, 2014 11:28 AM

According to the defect it looks like in some cases we werent releasing our hold on the log files in here: 
    C:\Users\user1\AppData\Local\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\Logs.

This fixes that, files will be released properly on logoff.

Its possible that your multiple user folders are related to this - thats one manifestation of it in the defect.

• 4.  RE: SEP 12.1.5: what does this fix ID mean?

Posted Sep 23, 2014 01:27 PM

Thanks guys.  Brian, are you making fun of my question :)  haha sorry if it seems obvious it's just that I didn't know if the fix was related to certain profile folders, AppData\Roaming, Local, etc. 

Thanks Paul.