Video Screencast Help
Scheduled Maintenance: Symantec Connect is scheduled to be down Saturday, April 19 from 10am to 2pm Pacific Standard Time (GMT: 5pm to 9pm) for server migration and upgrades.
Please accept our apologies in advance for any inconvenience this might cause.

SEP 12.1RU2 Mass Deployment Computation

Created: 03 Jan 2013 • Updated: 03 Jan 2013 | 5 comments
D@ry1's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hey guys, we're planning to deploy around 20k SEP 12.1RU2 fresh install, here's the thing, based on our testing it will take maximum of 15 mins MAXIMUM to hit the client's restarting point. The target deployment is 8 time hours a day, how can I compute the maximum amount of machine I can get installed in 8 hours?

should I just do this like this?:

(15*4) = total to 1 hour, then muiltiply it to 8 and that will make 16 machines in 8 hours

I DONT THINK THIS IS THE WAY TO COMPUTE IT, LIKE SERIOUSLYT_T,.

Thanks guys,

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

pete_4u2002's picture

there is parllel threads when you push from SEPM.

What tool or method you using to install client?

D@ry1's picture

Hi pete_4u2002

Remote Push deployment is the prefered installation using the SEPM.

Thanks,

Ashish-Sharma's picture

Check this SEP Sizing and Scalability Best Practices

AttachmentSize
SEP Sizing and Scalability Best Practices_ v2.3.pdf 688.76 KB

Thanks In Advance

Ashish Sharma

Mithun Sanghavi's picture

Hello,

Usually, there are 2 things which needs to be taken into account when Client Deployment Wizard's - Remote Push deployment is the preferred installation method for deployment.

1) How much time does the package takes to reach the client machine in case of correct bandwidth used and distance between the client machines and SEPM server.

2) Once the package has reached the client machine, how much time does it take to reach a restart point on the client machine after installation?

In your case, The target deployment is 8 time hours a day.

Since you would be using the Remote Push deployment, you could select multiple (x) machines to deploy the package on.. Once the package is deployed to these client machines, they would take the same 15 minutes (which you have calculated) to install on these (x) number of machines.

Make sure you prepare your clients for the Remote Deployment and Installation - 

Steps to prepare computers to install Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 client

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH163112

Hope that helps!!

Mithun Sanghavi
Senior Consultant
MIM | MCSA | MCTS | STS | SSE | SSE+ | ITIL v3

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helped you.

SOLUTION
D@ry1's picture

Hi Mithun,

thanks I got it now,

D@ryl