Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEP 12.1RU6 MP1 amd Windows 10

Posted Sep 10, 2015 02:13 PM

I have users chomping at the bit to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10. Anyone seeing issues with the latest version of SEP and Windows 10 or does it seem pretty stable?

I've been running a test box with SEP 12.1.RU6 MP1, Windows 10 64 bit and not seeing any issues but this was a clean install. I'm wondering if Windows 7/8 upgraders will see problems AND if anyone has seen any issues with brand new pcs running Windows 10.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: SEP 12.1RU6 MP1 amd Windows 10

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 10, 2015 02:15 PM

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Symantec community.

For fresh install on newly deployed Windows 10 Operating system you won't be facing any issue. However be aware of Limitations when upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Windows 7 does not include Early Launch Antimalware (ELAM). Therefore, the Symantec Endpoint Protection ELAM component is not enabled, and does not enable after you upgrade to Windows 10 with Symantec Endpoint Protection installed. Your protection level is the same as it was with Windows 7.

To allow Symantec Endpoint Protection to recognize ELAM and enable the Symantec Endpoint Protection ELAM component, you must uninstall and reinstall Symantec Endpoint Protection. Repairing the installation does not accomplish this task.

Reference: http://www.symantec.com/docs/INFO2746

• 3.  RE: SEP 12.1RU6 MP1 amd Windows 10

Posted Sep 10, 2015 02:15 PM

Have been testing with 12.1.6.1a and have not seen any issues thus far on 7, 8.1 or 10. Seems to be stable. Full component suite installed as well.