Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

SEP - 2012 Home page tells me I have out of date clients, report shows none

• 1.  SEP - 2012 Home page tells me I have out of date clients, report shows none

Posted Sep 10, 2013 08:55 PM

Hello,

Every morning I check SEP for out of date clients. When I start SEP Manager, the home page will refresh and invariably tell me I have out of date clients. When I click on the "Out-of-date" line on the graph in the widget "Endpoint Status", the report will be 100% blank, despite the "Out-of-date" line saying I have 12 clients or so out of date. All of the other lines in that graph (Up-to-date, offline, disabled) will show me PC names and other information, but "Out-of-date" will ALWAYS be blank.

I can find the out of date clients by going to Monitors -> Logs -> Advanced settings and srolling down in the "Definitions date" option and choosing a specific date, then update the clients. But this seems like a workaround rather than an actual solution.

Is the "Out-of-date" report just a flaw in the software and should I just ignore it? Either I haven't configured something right, or SEP Manager is just kind of loopy. What else can I try, or is it a waste of time to click on the "Out-of-date" report hoping for results?

Thank you

• 2.  RE: SEP - 2012 Home page tells me I have out of date clients, report shows none

Posted Sep 10, 2013 08:59 PM

What's the exact version you're running?

• 3.  RE: SEP - 2012 Home page tells me I have out of date clients, report shows none

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 10, 2013 09:05 PM

whats the SEPM version?

are there other domains in SEPM?

• 4.  RE: SEP - 2012 Home page tells me I have out of date clients, report shows none

Posted Sep 10, 2013 09:47 PM

1. 12.1.2015.2015

2. No, just this domain.

• 5.  RE: SEP - 2012 Home page tells me I have out of date clients, report shows none

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 10, 2013 11:07 PM

i guess you are facing this same issue

Discrepancy in the Endpoint Status report on the SEPM dashboard

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH202098

• 6.  RE: SEP - 2012 Home page tells me I have out of date clients, report shows none

Posted Sep 11, 2013 12:03 AM

Thanks pete_4u2002 for the answer.

I guess I can use the method I have now until the new release comes out. Will this just be an update or is it another version that requires purchase?

• 7.  RE: SEP - 2012 Home page tells me I have out of date clients, report shows none

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 11, 2013 12:10 AM

if you are entitled of SEP 12.1 then no need of purchase. It will be a new major version .

• 8.  RE: SEP - 2012 Home page tells me I have out of date clients, report shows none

Posted Sep 11, 2013 01:13 AM

Follow this document and these steps

Clients cannot send data back to Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH105348

Kindly try this troubleshooting step: 

1. Browse to \Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\data\outbox\agentinfo

2. Look for any .err files or tmp files & Dat files

3. If you find anything which is not processed by sepm then it might be the reason for the client data loss

4. Stop SEPM services from services.msc 

5. Delete all the files inside the location \Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\data\inbox\agentinfo

6. Restart the SEPM services.

Check the SEPM now if still issue persist go for step 7

7. Run the Management server configuration wizard.

Note: While running Management server configuration wizard it requires Database password. if you running SEP 12.1.2 it wont prompt you for DB password.

Kindly update us the status .... thanks 

• 9.  RE: SEP - 2012 Home page tells me I have out of date clients, report shows none

Posted Sep 11, 2013 01:24 AM

Rafeeq

Thanks for the tip, but there isn't a  \Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\ directory, I only have  \Program Files(x86)\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\, and there are no .err files in this directory or any subdirectories.

(Sorry for the bold lettering, for some reason, hitting the bold toggle above did NOT work).

• 10.  RE: SEP - 2012 Home page tells me I have out of date clients, report shows none
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 11, 2013 01:40 AM

under admin servers tab there is an option to rebuild indexes, run that and restart sepm service, check agian.

• 11.  RE: SEP - 2012 Home page tells me I have out of date clients, report shows none

Posted Sep 11, 2013 02:24 AM

Thank you, Rafeeq. I was able to do that.

This time when I opened SEPMgr, it showed me the correct status(before I re-indexed). 

• 12.  RE: SEP - 2012 Home page tells me I have out of date clients, report shows none

Posted Sep 11, 2013 03:56 AM

Awesome:)

• 13.  RE: SEP - 2012 Home page tells me I have out of date clients, report shows none

Posted Sep 18, 2013 02:52 AM

Hi

Upgrade it to latest on i.e. SEP 12.1.3

Regards