Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition

View Only
  • 1.  SEP 2013 CLoud on Servers

Posted Apr 05, 2014 04:18 AM

All,

I'm thinking of using SEP2013 cloud for a customer with approx 50 clients.

Just did some testing and I don't see big issues for the desktops. However, servers are another questions...
    Although it's possible to install the client on an SBS2008 server, I'm wondering if it's manageable from the cloud? 

We don't want servers to reboot unscheduled, so how to prevent this from the cloud? I don't seem to find that option. I wan't to initiate any soft updates on servers...

Does this mean I will have to use the on prem manager for servers? Can it be a mixed mode, manager for servers and cloud for desktops? What is best practice?

Greets,

Mike

• 2.  RE: SEP 2013 CLoud on Servers

Posted Apr 05, 2014 04:25 AM

That option is not availbe with cloud. There was an another discussion where servers reboot after updating defintions

• 3.  RE: SEP 2013 CLoud on Servers

Posted Apr 05, 2014 04:31 AM

Hey Rafeeq,

Thanks for your reply. That's also what I was afraid of...

So would it be best to setup a mixed mode, cloud for desktops and on prem for servers? Is that a supported design?

Mike

• 4.  RE: SEP 2013 CLoud on Servers

Posted Apr 05, 2014 05:59 AM

wrt to policies/ updates, On prem seems to be a good option.

You could have SBS in unmanaged mode for servers and rest could be on clould.

how many servers you have?

• 5.  RE: SEP 2013 CLoud on Servers

Posted Apr 05, 2014 06:26 AM

Hey,

We have 4 servers, all VM on ESX.
    If I would go for unmanged mode, will the servers then get the AV def updates? Until now I wa snot able to find a way to "split" AV def updates from soft updates via de managemt station...

Greets