Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

SEP 21.1 in conflict with Truecrypt?

Created: 26 Apr 2012 | 1 comment

We're using TrueCrypt 7.0 for data encryption. Our servers (Windows server 2008) have two disks. The system drive (C) is fully encrypted. The D-drive is a TrueCrypt-container that spans the whole drive. We have to mount it, and then it becomes the E-drive. Recently I installed SEPM 12.1. From the first day after installation, I have two issues that never occurred before:

1. All users suddenly experience the fact that Windows Explorer "freezes" now and then. It can happen once a day, or two times in 15 minutes, but when it happens, it takes minutes before the Explorer window shows any reaction to user actions.
  2. The mounted TrueCrypt drive now and then unmounts spontaneously.

After having disabled SEP, problem 1 disappeared. Problem 2 however still exists. And of course I didn't install SEP 12.1 to disable it...

Any suggestion what we can do about it? Anyone heard of problems like these before?

Comments 1 CommentJump to latest comment

Mithun Sanghavi's picture

Hello,

Could you try install SEP with only Antivirus / Antispyware Feature on the Server machine and check if that helps!

Also, check this Article, is of any assistance :

Compatibility between TrueCrypt and Application and Device Control

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH155821

Hope that helps!!

Mithun Sanghavi
Associate Security Architect

MIM | MCSA | MCTS | STS | SSE | SSE+ | ITIL v3

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helped you.