Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEP and EBS 2008

Posted Jan 08, 2010 09:58 PM
    We are planning on deploying EBS 2008 Premium soon to replace a SBS 2003 environment. I've had trouble in the past installing SEP 11 on windows server machines, specifically that it breaks file shares. Can anyone give me some guidance on installing and configuring SEPM and SEP on the EBS 2008 servers in a way that won't disrupt any services running on EBS 2008?

• 2.  RE: SEP and EBS 2008

Posted Jan 08, 2010 11:01 PM

• 3.  RE: SEP and EBS 2008

Posted Jan 08, 2010 11:09 PM
    You can install SEP RU5 which is more stable.
    Make sure that u install SEP with only AV and AS component on server.

Client can have all the components.

• 4.  RE: SEP and EBS 2008

Posted Jan 08, 2010 11:48 PM
    I've downloaded MR5. I'm assuming AV=antivirus and AS=antispyware? Are there any folders I need to exclude from scanning or any other settings I need to address? Thanks for the quick response by the way....I appreciate the input.

• 5.  RE: SEP and EBS 2008

Posted Jan 09, 2010 12:05 AM
    Yes you are right  AV=antivirus and AS=antispyware

SEP client created automatic excluison of Exchnage  and AD

• 6.  RE: SEP and EBS 2008
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 09, 2010 12:07 AM
    About the automatic exclusion of files and folders
    The client software automatically detects the presence of certain third-party applications and Symantec products. After it detects them, it creates exclusions for these files and folders. The client excludes these files and folders from all antivirus and antispyware scans.

The client software automatically creates exclusions for the following items:
    ■ Microsoft Exchange
    ■ Active Directory domain controller
    ■ Certain Symantec products

Note: To see the exclusions that the client creates on 32-bit computers, you can
    examine the contents of the

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint
    Protection\AV\Exclusions registry. You must not edit this registry directly. On

64-bit computers, look in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Symantec\SymantecEndpoint Protection\AV\Exclusion