Video Screencast Help

sep client 12.1

Created: 07 Mar 2013 • Updated: 14 Mar 2013 | 14 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

one of the client which have version of 12.1. it come from other location and it unmanage will i able to manage it from my manager?

Comments 14 CommentsJump to latest comment

W007's picture

No,

You can't manage unmanged SEP client

What SEPM version are you using ?

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helped you.

consoleadmin's picture

What is the current running SEP Manager version?

Thanks.

.Brian's picture

You need to make it managed first. See this KB

Importing client-server communication settings into the client

Article:HOWTO81112  |  Created: 2012-10-24  |  Updated: 2013-01-30  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO81112

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

hineshtrivedi's picture

11.0.7101 is current SEPM version.

12.1 is client which require to manage.

W007's picture

SEPM 11 can't manage sep 12.1 client

Check this

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/can-sepm-11-manage-sep-12-clients#comment-6070291

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helped you.

SOLUTION
SebastianZ's picture

Please note the SEPM Server should always have at least the same version or higher as the SEP client it manages. Connecting 12.1 client to a 11.x SEPM will definitely cause issues - and as this configuration is not supported - it may cause corruption that only new install will fix.

In order to connect that client to your existing SEPM you will need first to upgrade the SEPm to 12.1

Ambesh_444's picture

Hi,

You can manage but for that you have to upgrade your sep client version then you can replace sylink of the system, after that you may manage from your SEPM.

Note:

SEPM Server manage same version or higher as the SEP client it manages.

Thank& Regards,

Ambesh

"Your satisfaction is very important to us. If you find above information helpful or it has resolved your issue. Please don't forget to mark the thread as solved."

W007's picture

Hi Ambesh,

Have you read all discussion...

Mithun Sanghavi's picture

Hello,

To correct your question sentence - 

"One of the client which have version of 12.1. It comes from other location and is unmanaged client. Will i be able to manage it from my manager?"

Answer:

You would be able to manage SEP 12.1 client from SEPM 12.1

However, In your case since you have SEPM 11.0.7101 and SEP 12.1 client, you would have to Upgrade the SEPM to the Latest version of SEP 12.1 OR Uninstall SEP 12.1 from the machine and then install a SEP 11.x client on the same.

Hope that helps!!

Mithun Sanghavi
Senior Consultant
MIM | MCSA | MCTS | STS | SSE | SSE+ | ITIL v3

consoleadmin's picture

Sepm of Higher version able to manage the clients of lower version, so it not possible that 11.x version of SEPM will manage the Client of 12.x version.

You need to upgrade even the Manager in 12.x otherwise install the client of 11.x version if you need to manage it from Server.

Thanks.

Ambesh_444's picture

Hi Manish,

Yes, I read all discussion and then given my  solution.

Thank& Regards,

Ambesh

"Your satisfaction is very important to us. If you find above information helpful or it has resolved your issue. Please don't forget to mark the thread as solved."

W007's picture

Ok Ambesh just give Answer

Just Give me answer as per your comment

It's  Using SEP 12.1 Client version so It's update sep client version SEP 12.1.2 ?

Can you will manage sep 12.1.2 client on SEPM 11 Console ?

Ambesh_444's picture

No, We cant manage.

Thank& Regards,

Ambesh

Ambesh_444's picture

Hi Manish,

Apologies for wrong comments.

I have posted wrong comments. 

Actually I went to post something else and bymistake posted something wrong.

My answer is we can manage but for that we  have to upgrade our sepm 12  then we can manage sep client 12.1.

Thank& Regards,

Ambesh