Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

SEP client 12.1 Unable to clean or qurantine virus on mounted drive

Created: 22 Jan 2013 | 10 comments
Ahmed Arafa's picture

Hi,

When i had made scan on a mounted drive ,it detected viruses but the SEP log it only despite the first action is clean and the second action is qurantine in

the auto protect and on demand scan actions

when i checked the virus logs i found "log only ,unable to clean or qurantine"

Any Suggestions ?

Comments 10 CommentsJump to latest comment

Mithun Sanghavi's picture

Hello,

Could you please name the file and the name of the Threat which symantec has detected??

Check this Article:

How the "Leave Alone" Action works in Symantec AntiVirus

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH100975

Also, check this Thread: 

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/virus-found-left-alone

Hope that helps!!

Mithun Sanghavi
Senior Consultant
MIM | MCSA | MCTS | STS | SSE | SSE+ | ITIL v3

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helped you.

.Brian's picture

Was the file in use at the time of the scan?

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

SebastianZ's picture

The scan you performed was a manual one or was this the autoprotect?

Ahmed Arafa's picture

File name : acad.lsp

name of the threat : ALS.Bursted.A    

it is normal virus that SEP can clean from my local drives .

l will check if this file was in use while i was scanning ..

Mithun Sanghavi's picture

Hello,

I would suggest you to run a Full scan on the remote machine (of the mounted drive machine) and check if Symantec is able to detect and quarantine the file.

Hope that helps!!

Mithun Sanghavi
Senior Consultant
MIM | MCSA | MCTS | STS | SSE | SSE+ | ITIL v3

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helped you.

Ambesh_444's picture

Hi,

Could you pls let me know that scan was completed or not and it was schedule scan or manually scan.

And requesting you to please share the snap shot for the same.

Thank& Regards,

Ambesh

"Your satisfaction is very important to us. If you find above information helpful or it has resolved your issue. Please don't forget to mark the thread as solved."

Ahmed Arafa's picture

it was a manual scan and the scan was completed

I think full scan will on the remote machine will clean the virus but what i am trying to know why the SEP

can't clean this virus on mounted drive.

i think this file may be in use i will check it and i will provide you with the result

.Brian's picture

If it's in use than you will need to close out the file.

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

SebastianZ's picture

That could be the reason - files on mounted/network drives while being accessed or in a still open session will have a lock for any changes or deletion = SEP would be then only able to log the detection and that would be then expected.