Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEP Client on Windows 2008 Std x64 Server

Posted May 16, 2009 04:12 PM
    Hi,

After client installation (version 11.0.4014), my server lost the connection with the Internet, Connecting by the remote desktop broke every 30 seconds, an error of encoding appeare.. aftler uninstall SEP Client everything works fine...

regards

Michal

• 2.  RE: SEP Client on Windows 2008 Std x64 Server

Posted May 16, 2009 07:10 PM
    Hi,

try to install the patch for Windows 2008 64 bit:

http://service1.symantec.com/support/ent-security.nsf/docid/2008100113145148

• 3.  RE: SEP Client on Windows 2008 Std x64 Server

Posted May 17, 2009 12:55 AM

Just as an FYI, it was posted awhile back by a Symantec employee that this fix will be rolled into the forthcoming MR4MP2.

• 4.  RE: SEP Client on Windows 2008 Std x64 Server

Posted May 17, 2009 05:10 AM
    Thanks for fast reply :)

after installing the patch, internet connection works fine, but I still have the problem with Remote Desktop if I try to connect to this server from another server (for example Windows 2003 Std 32-bit with SEP Client), the message appear "Because of an error in data encryption, this session will end. Please try connecting to the remote computer again." if I try to connect to this server from another server without SEP Client the error doesn't appear.
    Should I install any patch on a 32-bit client ??

best reagrds

Michal

• 5.  RE: SEP Client on Windows 2008 Std x64 Server

Posted May 17, 2009 06:10 PM
    Hi,

we need more details:

are you talking about a managed or an unmanaged Endpoint Protection installation?
    What are the installed components? (Only AV, Network Threat Protection, etc).

Try to disable/uninstall the product components one by one to isolate the problematic one (you can add and remove components via the control panel > add/remove components > Symantec Endpoint Protection > change, the firewall installation/removal requires the reboot).

• 6.  RE: SEP Client on Windows 2008 Std x64 Server
    Best Answer

Posted May 18, 2009 07:55 AM

It is managed SEP Client, I've reinstalled SEP Client with AV Protection only, and everything is fine..

than very much..

best regards

Michal

• 7.  RE: SEP Client on Windows 2008 Std x64 Server

Posted May 27, 2009 05:01 PM
    I also have the same problem at a client, as soon as I install unmanaged client on server 2008 32bit, it blocks remote  desktop.
    You connect for a few seconds, then you get an error related to encryption and it drops your connection.

If you install only the AV, no problem.

Both Installations are on IBM HS21 Blades, I'm not sure it the SEP FW does not like to NIC Drivers or ???

Please assist, the 2008 is has all curent service packs etc.

The MP2 doesnt make a difference.