SEP Console Mysteries
Created: 11 Feb 2014 • Updated: 11 Feb 2014 | 19 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.
I installed a new SEPM (v12.1 RU4) on a new server (2008 R2 SP1). SQL Server is 2008 R2 on a different server.
Server clients appeared to have moved without issue. However, in moving some PC clients, I've had several strange things happen:
- Using the SEPM Client Deployment Wizard, some PC clients move and others do not. Some that do move to the new server, actually move back to the old server after about 15 minutes or so.
- Some PC clients stay connected, but do not display a Policy Serial Number in the SEPM. When I remote control the client, it shows the correct Policy Serial Number.
- When I sort the client listing by Name, Health State or Logon User or Computer, I get one listing of computer names. If I sort the same group by any other column, I get a different listing of computer names. It has only been a couple of different clients that I've noticed, but it's enough to cause concern. The number of computers doesn't change on the details page.