Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEP Manager 12.1 RU2 - Auto Delete Clients from Console

Posted Dec 17, 2012 09:05 AM

In previous versions of SEP, I was able to set the duration for how long clients that didn't connect to the SEPM were dropped from the SEPM console. This setting was under Admin>Servers>Local Site>General. Since the upgrade to 12.1 RU2, the setting is no longer there. Has the ability to set this been lost with RU2? This was particularly helpful, because we have a large number of non-persistent VM's, and need to drop clients from the console sooner (when they don't connect). Thanks!

• 2.  RE: SEP Manager 12.1 RU2 - Auto Delete Clients from Console
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 17, 2012 09:13 AM

Admin page >> Domains

Select your Domain and Edit Domain Properties

On General tab at bottom you can set this "Delete clients that have not connected for specified time"

It has been moved here in 12.1

• 3.  RE: SEP Manager 12.1 RU2 - Auto Delete Clients from Console

Posted Dec 17, 2012 10:56 AM

Thanks Brian. There's an option to delete non-persistent VDI clients that have not connected for a specified time. This is a nice option, to give us the ability to keep our console clean of old non-persistent VDI's. However, I set this a couple hours ago to 3 days. But, it has not cleaned up any of the old VDI's that haven't connected for several days). Is there a reason why it's not deleting the old VDI's?

• 4.  RE: SEP Manager 12.1 RU2 - Auto Delete Clients from Console

Posted Dec 17, 2012 11:00 AM

I believe it will run during the same time as your DB maintenance tasks schedule. You can check after that runs.

• 5.  RE: SEP Manager 12.1 RU2 - Auto Delete Clients from Console

Posted Dec 19, 2012 01:50 PM

It's still not working. DB maintenance tasks occur nightly, but have not changed anything (still plenty of stale records for our non-persistent VDI clients). Any other ideas?

• 6.  RE: SEP Manager 12.1 RU2 - Auto Delete Clients from Console

Posted Dec 19, 2012 02:05 PM

try restarting sepm service