Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition

View Only

SEP SBE 12.1 u/g results in some good & some bad u/g - resolution of bad u/g required.

• 1.  SEP SBE 12.1 u/g results in some good & some bad u/g - resolution of bad u/g required.

Posted Sep 12, 2011 05:25 AM

Hi

I've just completed an u/g from 12.01 to 12.1 on our 30 seat office and had mixed result.

1) The majority of seats u/gd OK.

2) Some seats, 5 or 6 , refuse to u/g at all

3) Some seats appear to u/g but refuse to show 'green dot on shield' and don't talk to 'home' server. (another 2 or 3)

So, with the type (2) - won't u/g at all, I try a push and after a few minutes get a 'failed'. Where do I look to try to see why this failed? What logs and where?

With the type (3), - u/g = OK but no comms to home server and no green dot, I've run the support tool and this reports 'OK' in all areas - specifically 'client can talk to home server'. But If I open the client 'help' and look at the 'troubleshooting' tool it says it can't talk to the home server. So how is it that I get different results from 2 symantec tools on the same machine?

Finally, as we've paid quite a chunk of money for this product how do I formally raise a support request with ref. number with Symantec to get it fixed - I've looked through this site but can't find it!

Many thanks in anticipation.

David

Home server = Windows 2008 R2 x64, clients which fail are W2003 x32, XP sp3 x32 & W2008 R2 x64