Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition

View Only
  • 1.  SEP SBE 12.1.1101.401 RU1 MP1 single client showing offline when it's not

Posted Sep 05, 2012 01:28 PM

Over the previous weekend I upgraded our SEB SBE from 12.1 RU1 to 12.1 RU1 MP1.  Overall a smooth experience except for a single client that is not communicating with the server.  If I go to the client and open SEP from the tray, it shows the computer is protected and no problems detected.  However, the gold shield icon in the tray does not have the green dot on it.  If I view the client from the server SEP manager, this client shows as offline.  I can ping the server from the client and I can ping the client from the server.  But for some reason SEP manager is not seeing the client.  Again, this is only happening on one client out of about 40.  I've tried reinstalling the client and rebooting the client multiple times without success.  Any help appreciated.

• 2.  RE: SEP SBE 12.1.1101.401 RU1 MP1 single client showing offline when it's not

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 05, 2012 01:32 PM

can you copy the sylink log onto this client?

• 3.  RE: SEP SBE 12.1.1101.401 RU1 MP1 single client showing offline when it's not

Posted Sep 05, 2012 02:57 PM

Do you have instructions on how to do this?  I'm googling now but if you've got a kb link, it would be greatly appreciated.

• 4.  RE: SEP SBE 12.1.1101.401 RU1 MP1 single client showing offline when it's not
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 05, 2012 03:56 PM

Thanks, that worked.  For the sake of others looking for the same solution, here is how to do it:

Perform a search on the server with SEP manager for sylink.xml and sylinkdrop.exe.  Copy the most recent versions of both to a network folder or external device.  Go to the client machine in question and copy those two files to a temporary directory on the client.  I did this on a Win7 machine, which required an elevated command prompt.  Not sure on XP...but on a Vista/7 client machine, open an elevated command prompt by right-clicking on command prompt and selecting "Run as Administrator".  Navigate to the folder you copied those two files to and type "sylinkdrop.exe sylink.xml" (without the quotes).  That should do it. Here is the kb article for reference:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO55428