Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

SEP for web server (Windows 2008 R2)

Created: 11 Nov 2013 | 5 comments
CenAdmin's picture

Hi,

Has anybody used Symantec Endpoint Protection 2013 with Windows 2008 R2 as a web server? I am hosting three websites on W2008 R2 and wanted to know how good SEP can be especially with its Anti Malware.

Thank you.

Operating Systems:

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

.Brian's picture

SEP would scan any files that read/modified, etc. depending on how you have it configured. We use it on many of our web servers. Works as epxected.

Are you going to use only the AV component or IPS and firewall as well? I would recommend IPS and firewall.

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

CenAdmin's picture

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your reply.

I was thinking just AV and Anti Spyware. Do you use IPS and Firewall for web servers? Is SEP firewall better than integrated Windows Firewall?

.Brian's picture

we use IPS and firewall but we had to test quite a bit before deplying. I would recommend starting with AV only.

SEP fw has much better control and you can centrally manage. You need to do GPOs for windows fw which I don't care for.

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

CenAdmin's picture

Thank you Brian.

I will consider that.

Have a good day.

.Brian's picture

Thanks, you too