Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

SEP11.0(With NAC) Issue - Host Integrity configuration file is corrupted

Created: 06 Jan 2008 • Updated: 21 May 2010 | 9 comments
Dustin Jang's picture
Dear STN SEs

Nice to meet you. It's my first post.
I'm a SE in Korea

I used SEP11 with Host Integrity check, But I met new problem last weekend.
Our all costmers also.

It's "Host Integrity check failed to complete because the configuration file is not complete or has been corrupted."

How to slove this Problem?

Comments 9 CommentsJump to latest comment

ChadD's picture

I know I'm reviving a really dead thread here, but has anyone found a solution to this?

"Host Integrity check failed
   Host Integrity configuration file is corrupted."

"Host Integrity check failed to complete because the configuration file is not complete or has been corrupted."

Over and over and over again.

smholden's picture

ChadD wrote:
I know I'm reviving a really dead thread here, but has anyone found a solution to this?

Same here.  I'm starting to see this reported by several clients.  Ideas?

addison's picture

Hi all

about "Host Integrity failed to complete because the configuration file is not complete or has been corrupted" i have a patch .only support Windows XP and 2000

Start:

1)download this patch

2)run WindowsXP-Windows2000-Script56-KB917344-x86-chs.exe

3)copy AVScript.js to C:\

4)run "cmd" and then go to C:\WINDOWS\system32

5)run cscript.exe //Job:AgentHIScript "C:\AVScript.js" "46159" "Helper.exe" "Sygate.SSHelper" "C:" "22" "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\" "0"

6)finished when have not error

Jyothis's picture

Hi Addison,

do we need to have admin rights on the system to run this script.

if we dont have, is there any alternate solution

Atish Agarwal's picture

I have the same issue on two machines in my network. One with Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 and the other with Vista Ultimate SP1.

I have SEP 11.x MR2 MP1 installed. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Message Edited by Atish Agarwal on 07-04-2008 08:36 PM
Sandeep Cheema's picture

"Host Integrity Failed" would also be showing up(does it say that IPS defs failed to update ? ) if the "computer name"(client) or "computer description"(client) contains a "&" or "%" character.

The workaround at the moment is to get that removed and restart the client.

It might take some minutes for the manager to be updated with that once the USNWash does its job.

Message Edited by Sandeep_Cheema on 07-06-2008 02:48 AM

De facto when AV does something, it starts jumping up and down, waving its arms, and shouting...

"Hey!  I found a virus!  Look at me!  I'm soooo goooood!"

Atish Agarwal's picture

I have already tried uninstalling SEP on clients, running CleanWipe, and then reinstalling SEP on the affected clients. However it did not solve the issue either. Moreover, there are no special characters included in Computer Name or the Computer Description.

I am still researching for a solution to this issue.

Message Edited by Atish Agarwal on 07-06-2008 03:42 AM
jambay's picture

I fixed this issue in Symantec Protection Agent by installing Windows Script 5.6

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=C717D943-7E4B-4622-86EB-95A22B832CAA&displaylang=en

I did not have to reboot after the installation to manually run a host integrity check, refresh the log, and see that it had passed this time.

iamadmin's picture

All,

I have the same issue and the sad part is that I get this error on a couple hundred different machines running anything from Windows 2000 to Windows Vista. The Cscript versions are all over the place too. While most are cscript.exe version 5.6.0.8820 (Windows XP Pro wSP2) some are version 5.7 (XP Pro wSP3 and Vista). :-(

Anyone have any other possible solutions aside from updating cscript.exe (aka WSH - Windows Script Host)?

Thanks,

-Mike

P.S. We are running MR4 MP2.