Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEP12.1 clients defination downloads size

Posted Mar 20, 2012 03:35 AM

share me the details of SEP12.1 clients definition download size we are using WAN link between SEPM server and Clients......

• 2.  RE: SEP12.1 clients defination downloads size

• 3.  RE: SEP12.1 clients defination downloads size

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 20, 2012 03:44 AM

AV Signatures - 50 KB to 100 KB daily for clients, if you assume that the signatures are updated successfully every day.

IPS Signature Updates - Files range between 50 KB and 100 KB. Symantec supplies updates approximately every quarter unless a specific threat or vulnerability needs to be addressed

• Heartbeat (with no updates to be exchanged) - When there is no traffic to be exchanged (i.e. no profile to download and no logs to update) then the heartbeat is between 2 KB/s and 3 KB/s.
  •  
  • Policies (i.e. AV/AS, Firewall, OS Protection, Host Integrity) - Typically varies between 20 KB and 80 KB, but can increase if detailed rules are included, or OS protection templates are used. Generally, after you set your policies to suit your network needs, you do not modify them on a regular basis
  •  
  • Logs - Logs are compressed at the client before they are uploaded to the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager. Approximately, 800 log entries take up 1KB of file space.
  •  
  •  
  • check this link
  •  
  • http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH102211

• 4.  RE: SEP12.1 clients defination downloads size

Posted Mar 20, 2012 03:54 AM

Hi,

Normally a client should be pulling a delta file from SEPM for content updates.  The average size of the AV delta file is around 200KBs to 300KBs.  The client could be updating this 2 to 3 times daily.  So it could range between anywhere between 400KBs to 900KBs daily for client's for content updates.

Our Internet LiveUpdate (LU) server will distribute delta updates.  LiveUpdate Administrator (LUA) which can deployed inside the customers network will download files from LU to distribute to other Symantec products (such as SEP or SEPM).  Since LUA gets files from LU it will get delta files also.

For LU I believe we keep 7 days of delta files.  For SEPM you can customize how many days of delta files you want to keep.

The roughly 150MBs is full content size, not updates. 

If a client already has content applied then only an update is needed not a full content revision.  The updates are delivered either by SEPM, by GUP or by LU.  All of these delivery mechanisms for content use delta form.  These "updates" are generally around 200K to 300K.

Hope that helps you!!

• 5.  RE: SEP12.1 clients defination downloads size

Posted Mar 20, 2012 04:01 AM

want to know in sep12.1 RU1 clients...and  also want to know ablut advanced download protection options in client feature install settings

• 6.  RE: SEP12.1 clients defination downloads size

Posted Mar 20, 2012 04:03 AM

each type of definatios downloaded by SEP12.x ad sizes