Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEP12.1 RU2 Network Communication fail during definition update.

Posted Nov 18, 2013 11:22 PM

Hello, 

We have around 4000 SEP 12.1.2015 clients. From that number around 1000 are "Toolcontrollers" 

We are in te process of updating from SEP11 client on 1000 computers and we start to have some issues when the new definitions are dowloaded. Some of our client-server application loose some heartbeats and disconnect. We mostly got 2 disconnection one at the start of the definition update and one at the end. 

We currently enable only the realscan and antivirus components but we installed the firewall component but it is disabled for the moment.(No policies, everything is off)

We never got any disconnection whit SEP11 but we got some about 4 days/week with SEP12 on specifed client. 

Is their something that has change? Is there something that i can tweek to minimize the impact or do I need to completly remove the firewall component? 

BTW no IPS is installed

• 2.  RE: SEP12.1 RU2 Network Communication fail during definition update.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 18, 2013 11:38 PM

whats the application that discconects?

does it happen all the time?

suggest to work with the technical support team.

• 3.  RE: SEP12.1 RU2 Network Communication fail during definition update.

Posted Nov 19, 2013 08:42 AM

Have you tested the result after uninstalling the firewall component to see if it could be the cause?

• 4.  RE: SEP12.1 RU2 Network Communication fail during definition update.

Posted Nov 19, 2013 10:55 AM

The application in question (in fact they are 2) are standard TCP socket connection. One is home made and the other is by another compagny but they aren't comercial applications. 

We can try without the firewall component, but we want to use it in a neer futur.

Is this a known issue?

• 5.  RE: SEP12.1 RU2 Network Communication fail during definition update.

Posted Nov 19, 2013 10:57 AM

Not to my knowledge. I would check with fw removed to see what the result is. if not the problem, you can add it back.