View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

SEP12.1 server 2008r2/64, does not create 32b deployment package

Migration User

Migration UserAug 13, 2012 02:01 AM

• 1.  SEP12.1 server 2008r2/64, does not create 32b deployment package

Posted Aug 12, 2012 04:38 PM

Hi,

I just installed sep manager 12.1 on a server 2008 r2 64 bit system. When i try to deploy sep to the clients in the network, it doesn't create a 32bit setup.exe. only the 64 bit option is created.

Does anyone know how to create the 32bit installation package voor the clients ? (win xp32).

thanks in advance

AJ 

• 2.  RE: SEP12.1 server 2008r2/64, does not create 32b deployment package

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 12, 2012 08:06 PM

Exporting the new package to an EXE file within SEPM:

1. Open Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager console
    2. Click the Admin Tab on the left
    3. Under "Client Install Package" right click the package of your choice (select the 32 bit
      )
    4. Click Export
    5. Click Browse and choose the folder where the EXE file should be placed
    6. Click OK
      Note: You can leave all items as the default or choose the options you would like.
    7. Click OK

• 3.  RE: SEP12.1 server 2008r2/64, does not create 32b deployment package

Posted Aug 12, 2012 08:36 PM

Hi,

Check this artical...

How do I create and configure a custom Symantec Endpoint Protection installation package in version 12.1?

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/how-do-i-create-and-configure-custom-symantec-endpoint-protection-installation-package-vers

• 4.  RE: SEP12.1 server 2008r2/64, does not create 32b deployment package

Posted Aug 13, 2012 01:59 AM

Hi Guys,

thanks for the response.

When i click the admin-tab, it only shows the options: administrator, system and licenses. At none of those options i can change any installation packages.

the strage thing is also that the w2008/64 server is mentioned at the "my desktops / laptops" group and not at the server group....

still no 32bit installation package  :-(

• 5.  RE: SEP12.1 server 2008r2/64, does not create 32b deployment package

Posted Aug 13, 2012 02:01 AM

Kindly verify SEPM version ?

• 6.  RE: SEP12.1 server 2008r2/64, does not create 32b deployment package

Posted Aug 13, 2012 02:05 AM

symantec endpoint protection small business edition 12.1

• 7.  RE: SEP12.1 server 2008r2/64, does not create 32b deployment package

Posted Aug 13, 2012 02:15 AM

1. Log into your Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Console.

2. From the Home page, find the Common Tasks drop down menu in the upper right corner of the page.

3. Click the drop down menu and select Install Protection Client to computers.

4. The Client Deployment Wizard will appear.

5. Select the New Package Deployment option and click Next.

6. From the Install Packages drop down, select the version of the software you would like to install on the clients.

7. Click the Browse button to choose a group for the clients, or leave it set to the default.

8. In the Install Feature Sets drop down, select the features that you would like the clients to have.

9. Select on of the available Content Options then click Next.

10. Click Remote Push, and then click Next.

11. Locate the computers to receive the client software, and then click >> to add the computers to the list. To browse the network for computers, click Browse Network. To find computers by IP address or computer name, click Search Network, and then click Find Computers. Authenticate with the domain or workgroup if prompted. Note: You can set a timeout value to constrain the amount of time the server applies to a search. Click Next.

12. Click Send to push the client software to the selected computers. Wait while the client software is pushed to the selected computers.

13. Click Finish. This means that the Manager's work is done, but the installation has started on the client and is most likely still running on the client computers. The installation takes several minutes to complete. Depending on the client restart settings of the deployed client, you or the computer users may need to restart the client computers.

• 8.  RE: SEP12.1 server 2008r2/64, does not create 32b deployment package

Posted Aug 13, 2012 02:15 AM

How to change the Installed Feature Set on Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 12.1 Clients

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH165185

• 9.  RE: SEP12.1 server 2008r2/64, does not create 32b deployment package

Posted Aug 13, 2012 02:47 AM

Hi, thanks for the reply again...

the problem is, that the only package option i can select is endpoint 12.1 for win 64 or mac...

there is no 32bit option.... 

when i select the enp. 12 win version from the top-puldown menu, one line below it says:

this selection includes: win64bit: symantec endpoint ......~

still no 32 bit installation file for me to create....

• 10.  RE: SEP12.1 server 2008r2/64, does not create 32b deployment package

Posted Aug 13, 2012 03:10 AM

hi,

you can create 32 bit package on Client Deployment Wizard

Install the Symantec Endpoint Protection clients

1. Prepare for client deployment: Configure firewalls and communication ports on your servers and workstations, and otherwise prepare operating systems for remote deployment and management of Endpoint Protection clients. See Steps to prepare computers to install Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 client.

You may deploy clients via a weblink and email, remote push, or save a package for later local installation or deployment using third-party tools. Only the remote push is described here, in the following steps:

2. In the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager console, click the Home tab at left.

3. On the Home page, in the Common Tasks menu at upper-right, select Install protection client to computers. The Client Deployment wizard starts.

4. In the Welcome to the Client Deployment Wizard pane, choose "New Package Deployment" and click Next.

5. Select the client version, the feature set, the client group and content options, and then click Next.

6. Click Remote Push, and then click Next.

7. Locate the computers to receive the client software, and then click >> to add the computers to the list. To browse the network for computers, click Browse Network. To find computers by IP address or computer name, click Search Network, and then click Find Computers. Authenticate with the domain or workgroup if prompted. Note: You can set a timeout value to constrain the amount of time the server applies to a search. Click Next.

8. Click Send to push the client software to the selected computers. Wait while the client software is pushed to the selected computers.

9. Click Finish. This means that the Manager's work is done, but the installation has started on the client and is most likely still running on the client computers. The installation takes several minutes to complete. Depending on the client restart settings of the deployed client, you or the computer users may need to restart the client computers.

10. Confirm the status of the deployed clients in the Clients page of the Manager console

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH163580

• 11.  RE: SEP12.1 server 2008r2/64, does not create 32b deployment package

Posted Aug 13, 2012 04:10 AM

Ho thanks fot the step-by-step guide.... but......

several clients need to be deployed bij a setup-file.

and at step 5, i cannot choose the 32bit version . all it shows and creates is the 64 bit version.

sorry to make it so difficult

• 12.  RE: SEP12.1 server 2008r2/64, does not create 32b deployment package

Posted Aug 13, 2012 04:59 AM

Hi,

Try to Repaire SEPM server ...

Or

Contact to custome care ....

http://www.symantec.com/support/assistance_care.jsp

• 13.  RE: SEP12.1 server 2008r2/64, does not create 32b deployment package

Posted Aug 13, 2012 05:32 AM

hi,

I have found some fourms for same issue please check if your issure resolved

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/install-packages-does-not-appear-under-admin-tab

Check this Articles and work on the same:

Adding client installation package updates

Managing client installation packages

• 14.  RE: SEP12.1 server 2008r2/64, does not create 32b deployment package

Posted Aug 15, 2012 06:42 AM

the stragen thing is.... if i search the network bij netbios name or ipadres, it does create a 32bit package when i try to deploy by push.

it still doesn't create a 32bit file to save

• 15.  RE: SEP12.1 server 2008r2/64, does not create 32b deployment package

Posted Aug 15, 2012 07:02 AM

You are using Small business edition (12.1) then install package tab won't be available.

you are not able to save package but you can only deply package.