Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEPM 11.x: Configure email alserts via Exchange 2010?

Posted Nov 09, 2012 10:42 AM

Hello.  I recently developed a strong need to reconfigure email alerts from SEPM to go through Exchange 2010 rather than it's current config which is to use the ISP's smtp server for sending them. 

I'm a little fuzzy on mail protocols and Exchange.  From everything I've read, one has to enable SMTP relay on their Exchange server for messages from the SEPM server.  I actulaly don't know how to do that yet, however before going that route I wanted to find out if this is the only way I can get SEPM to get email alerts sent? 

Would this perhaps be something I'd configure in a Receive Connector? 

Also would moving to SEP 12.1 add more features to the email alert function, in terms of options for email configuration? 

Thank you! 

• 2.  RE: SEPM 11.x: Configure email alserts via Exchange 2010?

Posted Nov 09, 2012 10:52 AM

Can't speak on how to do it for Outlook other than you need to set it up as a relay. But with SEPM you just add the necessary info. This is from 12.1:

• 3.  RE: SEPM 11.x: Configure email alserts via Exchange 2010?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 09, 2012 11:49 AM

Hi,

Please go through the following article

How do I setup email alerts in the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM)?

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH104394

Please follow the below steps in order to configure an email server :

1. Login to Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager.
    2. Click the Admin button.
    3. Click the Servers panel.
    4. Select the Management Server for which you wish to configure the email server and go to Edit Server Properties.
    5. Click on the Mail Server tab.
    6. Enter the Server Address, which would be an IP address, host name, or <nobr>domain name</nobr> of the email server.
    7. Enter the Port Number for the email server that sends the notifications.
    8. Enter the User name of the account on the email server. If you want to configure administrator email notifications, you should use the format user@domain in this text box. If the text box is left blank, SYSTEM@computer name sends the notifications.
    9. Enter a Password of the account on the email server. This field is mandatory if the email server requires authentication.