Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  sepm 12.1

Posted Nov 30, 2011 04:07 AM

Hi allz

I upgrade my sepm 11.0.6 to 12.1 but the problem is this my endpoints number is more than license and i have no buddget to purchase the more license.Now i want to revert the sepm on last state is this possible? if yes than how?

waiting eyes here

regards

jafar

• 2.  RE: sepm 12.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 30, 2011 04:17 AM

if there are duplicate entries or if the systems have not contacted to SEPM for some time, you can remove those systems.

• 3.  RE: sepm 12.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 30, 2011 04:25 AM

Un-install SEPM 12.1 and re-install SEPM 11.0.X.

SEP 11.0.X don't have software license in it it has a paper License.

• 4.  RE: sepm 12.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 30, 2011 04:36 AM

anyways it is compliance failure if you are using more than the licensed nodes :-)

• 5.  RE: sepm 12.1

Posted Nov 30, 2011 05:19 AM

Hello!

If you have enterprise edition of SEP it not a problem because it just give you soft enforcement (warnings)

If you have small business edition it will stop updating content if overdeployed.

• 6.  RE: sepm 12.1

Posted Nov 30, 2011 05:36 AM

i have only the edition of sep and my clients are normally updated and communicating with management server.what are the draw backs if i continue 12.1 overdeployed.

• 7.  RE: sepm 12.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 30, 2011 06:05 AM

well there wont be any impact, the updates will be happening. Only thing is that it would be not EULA.

• 8.  RE: sepm 12.1
    Best Answer

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Nov 30, 2011 06:44 AM
      |   view attached

Hello,

I agree with pete and guwy above. "Thumbs up" to them.

Incase, if you are carrying a Symantec Endpoint Protection (Enterprise Edition), when the Paid License Expires /Upgrade licenses: After the end date the capability of submitting samples and data to Insight is revoked but the content updates are still available. The client works as usual, no warning on the client side.

Check the Attachment.

That would clear your doubts.

Attachment(s)