Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEPM 12.1 all online endpoints report out-of-date

Posted Jan 04, 2012 04:09 PM
      |   view attached

Since the rollover to the new year 2012 all endpoints report out-of-date in SEPM.

We are located in New Zealand, all endpoints are updating and have latest content, problem appears cosmetic.

Date format set to DDMMYY standard for New Zealand, no info about this found so here I am, ideas? thanks

See attached

• 2.  RE: SEPM 12.1 all online endpoints report out-of-date

Posted Jan 04, 2012 04:45 PM

Further, all the out-of-date endpoints report out-of-date in the Download Protection Content column.

On one client the content version is 04/ 01/2012 r1 likewise SEPM reports same on Home but the endpoint listed on the out-of-date reports 04/01/2012 r5 and clients protection technology view - where is r5 coming from? 

• 3.  RE: SEPM 12.1 all online endpoints report out-of-date

Posted Jan 04, 2012 07:16 PM

G'day, we are located in Australia and are experiencing exactly the same issue. Something to do with Download Protection Content also, this was disabled by default when we upgraded. I tried turning this on in our Test Lab but it did't resolve the issue. I been pulling my hair for the few days now as Symantec Technical Support said "give it time". It has been several days now and still nothing.

• 4.  RE: SEPM 12.1 all online endpoints report out-of-date

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 05, 2012 12:04 AM

change the date format

To Modify the date format used by the SEPM:

1. Log into the SEPM Console
    2. Click the Preferences link In the  Security Status section on the SEPM Home tab
    3. Select the Logs and Reports tab
    4. Select DDMMYY from the Date format combo box
    5. Click the OK button to close the Preferences page
    6. The changes to these settings may take a few minutes to take effect.

check the article

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH164272

• 5.  RE: SEPM 12.1 all online endpoints report out-of-date

Posted Jan 05, 2012 04:19 AM

Deleted the client from the SEPM . Right click on the client and delete the client.

Deleting the client would register the client with the SEPM .

• 6.  RE: SEPM 12.1 all online endpoints report out-of-date

Posted Jan 05, 2012 03:34 PM

I have already tried the date format fix, made no difference for us and remains a problem, our date format was already set to DDMMYY anyway and we had no problems with it last year. I'm on annual leave in 7.5 hours and management would like to see this fixed please? Don't think 'give it time' cuts it really.

• 7.  RE: SEPM 12.1 all online endpoints report out-of-date

Posted Jan 05, 2012 05:02 PM

When I change date format to MMDDYY out of date endpoints become up to date, now greensmiley.

Date format not New Zealand standardcrying, need a fix so it works when set to DDMMYY, is this a fair comment? thanks

• 8.  RE: SEPM 12.1 all online endpoints report out-of-date

Posted Jan 05, 2012 11:20 PM

Hey mate,

I have been advised by support that this has been a know issue.
    They have resolved these bugs with SEP 12.1 RU1 release. I have upgraded and it's now resolved.

Hope this helps.