Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

SEPM 12.1 cannot export the Computer Status log

Created: 20 Jun 2013 | 9 comments
dicky_23's picture

Hi all, I'm Using SEPM 12.1 RU1 on Win Server 2008 and using MSSQL 2008 for the database. The SEPM cann't export the Computer Status Log. But when i tried to export the other log such as Audit Log, its run smoothly. I already open case to support, and still it hasn't solved.

I already tried the following step from the support :

1. change the $CommandTimeout=900 and $ConnectionTimeout=900 on Reporter.php 

2. Delete the replication site because the replication site doesn't active no more

3. Truncate the database transaction logs=4 hours

4. Change the timeout value for FcgidIOTimeout 7200, FcgidBusyTimeout 7200, and FcgidIdleTimeout 7200 in httpd.conf 

5. unchecked the option Block New Client on the default group

But still, the SEPM can't  export Computer Status the log. 

Please need advice, thanks

Operating Systems:

Comments 9 CommentsJump to latest comment

Rafeeq's picture

what error do you get when exporting the log?

when you click on export log, sepm creates a tmp file under

<Program Files>\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\Inetpub\Reporting\temp

this holds good for any logs you try to export from sepm.  click on export computer status ( dont close the window) log , and chekc if that creates any file under tmp folder.

check if tmp folder has appropriate permisson

dicky_23's picture

i'm getting an http error while exporting the computer status log

Rafeeq's picture

Please post the screen shot...how many clients do you have in your network? a large report? can you check this 

Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Cannot Export Large Reports

dicky_23's picture

Here is the screen shot when i tried to export the Computer Status Log. if i want to go back to home screen of Computer Status Log menu i have to click go back to the previous page and then click refresh the page.

EROR ON CONSOLE1.jpg

its only happen when i choose the computer status log and export it. Okay i will check the link that you are given.

SameerU's picture

Hi

Please upgrade to SEP 12.1.3 as this is the known issue

Regards

Ambesh_444's picture

Yes Agreed with Sameer,

Best practices for upgrading to Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.3

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/best-practices-upgrading-symantec-endpoint-protection-1213

Thank& Regards,

Ambesh

"Your satisfaction is very important to us. If you find above information helpful or it has resolved your issue. Please don't forget to mark the thread as solved."

SameerU's picture

Hi Dicky

Upgrading to SEP 12.1.3 would resolve your issue

Regards

dicky_23's picture

Hi all, 

is there any option or way to solve this without upgrading the SEP 12.1 RU 3 ? because there is a policy in my office about upgrading a SEP. is it a fixed solution ? 

Regards

Rafeeq's picture

How many machines are there in the report? did you try the fast CGI and also incresing the timeout limit in IIS?