Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEPM 12.1 console not working

Posted Jul 28, 2011 10:50 AM

When i try to login to the SEPM 12.1 console the Home, Monitors, and Reports sections are not displaying any information.  I can make changes to policy, clients, and admin.

I have tried installing the latest version of Java but that didnt change anything.

This is a clean install on server 2008 R2.  Any Ideas?

Oh yeah i also get this error message when i log in but im figuring its due to the console not displaying correctly.

"Unexpected server error. ErrorCode: 0x10010000" 

• 2.  RE: SEPM 12.1 console not working

Posted Jul 28, 2011 10:56 AM

Fix the database connection; are you using SQL or embedded DB?,

SEP 12 does not have IIS so forget about those in this document; just follow the DB connectivivity as in this document

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH104777

• 3.  RE: SEPM 12.1 console not working

Posted Jul 28, 2011 11:47 AM

Rafeeq,

I have verified the settings in the document and everything give a successful result at the end.  But my screens are still not showing.

I am using a windows domain account for my connection to sql could that be the issue?  It has dbowner rights on the SEM5.

• 4.  RE: SEPM 12.1 console not working
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 28, 2011 11:55 AM

whats the authentication windows or sql? few issues resolved by changing to SQL; same issue fixed here!

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/errorcode-0x10010000-also-sepm-console-blank-home-montiors-and-reports-tab#comment-5787621

• 5.  RE: SEPM 12.1 console not working

Posted Jul 28, 2011 12:24 PM

Rafeeq,

You are the man!!!  Im sorry i missed the other discussion on this very same issue but everything is working perfectly now that changed to a sql account.

May want to note that you have to run thru the configuration wizard for the settings to take effect.  Changing the user in ODBC didnt work. 

Thanks again buddy!!!!

• 6.  RE: SEPM 12.1 console not working

Posted Aug 17, 2011 09:59 AM

I am attempting to install SEPM 12.1 on a Windows 2008 R2 (SP1) server connecting to a SQL Server 2008 R2 server using Windows Authentication. I get the usual 0x10010000 error upon completion. After turning on PHP logging, I notice that I am gettin a failed SQL login error using DOMAINNAME\SERVERNAME. Is this correct? Using mixed mode authentication on my SQL server is not an option for me. Installation instructions using the Implementation Guide did not say anything about the computer account needing access to the SQL server.