Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition

View Only
  • 1.  SEPM 12.1 Convert Managed to Unmanaged Clients

Posted Mar 18, 2015 02:34 AM

I have SEPM Enterprise suite in a office envrionment. SEPM version is 12.1. All local client are managed clients. Sometimes I have to do installation on laptop for FIELD workers or send new laptops to remote area where no connectivity is with the head office, like laptop is permanntly assigned to field worker with no head office connectitiy . They receive OLD VIRUS deinfition after some time.

Is there any way those clients cna update from the internet? or how can I set those managed clients to UNAMANGED client? is there any workaround ?

• 2.  RE: SEPM 12.1 Convert Managed to Unmanaged Clients

Posted Mar 18, 2015 01:38 PM

You need to uninstall and reinstall the unmanaged client

• 3.  RE: SEPM 12.1 Convert Managed to Unmanaged Clients

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 19, 2015 10:01 AM

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Symantec community.

I would be glad to answer your query.

For new users, You can install unmanaged Symantec Endpoint Protection client software by using the Setup.exe file on the product disc. The installation program installs the client software by using an installation wizard.

OR

You can create unmanaged client package from the SEPM as well.

Check this article: Create an unmanaged client install package from the SEPM with custom policies.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH105498

Now, for existing users either replace Sylink.xml or uninstall existing version and install unmanaged client.

Replacing Sylink.xml can be easier way. Take the unmanaged client Sylink,xml and replace it on managed client. Need to stop the service prior to replace sylink.xml.