Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

SEPM 12.1 RU2 - JAVA7 - Cannot load on Seven 64bits

Created: 19 Nov 2012 • Updated: 27 Nov 2012 | 2 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hello everyone,

I've just successfully installed the new SEP12.1 RU2 SEPM on a Windows 2003 server.

When I'm trying to access to the java console from this server (locally), it's working well.

When I'm trying to access to the java console from a Vista 32 Workstation (with Java 7), it's working well.

But, When I'm trying to access to the same java console from a Seven 64bits Workstation, it is not working at all. I've tried with Java 7 32bits and 64bits (no other JRE are installed at the same time).

With java 7 32bits, running the java console give me a fatal error.

With java 7 64bits, running the java console is working but it stalled to "Logging on to the management server" and nothing else happens...

Does anyone have the same behavior ?

Regards,

Yoann

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

Brɨan's picture

Try this workaround as this may not yet be supported:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?pag...

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

Yoann WYFFELS's picture

Workaround doesn't work....I need to access SEPM from differents computers (JRE6 for SEPM12.1, and JRE7 for SEPM12.1 RU2).

Thank you Java...!

SOLUTION