Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEPM 12.1.2 will not browse network for pushing clients

Posted Apr 29, 2013 09:07 AM

Server 2003R2/64 bit, all up to date. Member of domain, can see every workstation, server on the the network though windows, firewall turned off. Only software installed is netbackup client which runs fine. I have wiped the system twice and reinstalled the OS and updates. I have this installed on another physically duplicate server running 2003R2/32 bit which is running fine, only difference is 32 vs 64 bit. I even redownloaded from symantec with fresh files. Is there a 64 bit version of manager I am missing on the download page ? In a nutshell it wont browse the network when adding a client, it will run for 12 hours trying though :-) ,it will find computers with no problem on the second push tab by IP or name, yes, computer browser is on, explorer security has been both installed and removed, no change, ran the symantec help, no problems, all passed. Wasted hours on this, yea I know, it's going be someting stupid but I have not been able to find it, yet.

• 2.  RE: SEPM 12.1.2 will not browse network for pushing clients

Posted Apr 29, 2013 09:08 AM

Is the remote registry service enabled on the clients? UAC turned off?

Have you seen this KB article?

Preparing Windows operating systems for remote deployment

Article:HOWTO80805  |  Created: 2012-10-24  |  Updated: 2013-01-30  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO80805

• 3.  RE: SEPM 12.1.2 will not browse network for pushing clients

Posted Apr 29, 2013 09:34 AM

It is not getting that far, oh, if I use the computer name search vs browse network it finds it and I can push an install no problem, it's just browsing and showing me the computers in the network that it just hangs on.

• 4.  RE: SEPM 12.1.2 will not browse network for pushing clients

Posted Apr 29, 2013 09:40 AM

So no errors of any kind? How long have you let it run? Could it still be searching?

• 5.  RE: SEPM 12.1.2 will not browse network for pushing clients

Posted Apr 29, 2013 11:21 AM

I let it run for various times, from 5 min to 12 hours, as I would try different things I would generally let it run for a  half hour whil doing other stuff.

• 6.  RE: SEPM 12.1.2 will not browse network for pushing clients

Posted Apr 29, 2013 12:08 PM

You can enable some advanced logging on the SEPM and post here or you may want to open a support case.