SEPM 12.1.3 "Unexpected Server Error" - Broken Live Update
I'm having some issues with my SEPM (SEP 12.1.3) server and so thought I'd seek some input from the community. This would seem an old issue, but it's not manifesting itself in the usual manner. Here's what's happening:
SEPM live update works just fine on the server, until I install the client. Once the client has been installed, i get the error "Unexpected server error" in the SEPM console (Admin>Servers>check for live update content). Uninstalling the client doesn’t resolve the issue. Only removing all components with clean wipe and reinstalling the server corrects the issue - until i install the client again.
Even minimal client installs with AV only have the same effect. SEP 11 worked fine for years on this same server (W2K8R2) Client communication with the server is unaffected.
So far, I've
1. cleared the defs from the server manually
2. run the server configuration wizard
3. uninstalled and reinstalled both 32 and 64 bit versions of Java
4. checked the live update logs (nothing strange)
5. Modified live update schedules between client and server
6. Uninstalled and reinstalled Live Update
7. and failing all else have opened a support ticket.
Anyone seen this before?