Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEPM 12.1.4 Policy replication issues on Clients

Posted Feb 02, 2015 04:53 AM

Hello all , from the past few weeks I am observing a weird behavior on SEPMs . Basically at random times whenever I make any policy or configuration changes then the policy serial number for the groups are not changed nor the policy or configuration change is replicated to the endpoints. If I issue any command like update content then command is stuck at 0%.  It seems that services are stuck . Even if I add a new group then it has a blank policy serial number assigned. However when i reboot the machines then this issue is resolved but again I need to know why is this happening at the first place as rebooting is not very feasible/viable.

Any specific logs I need to look at to identify the root cause  and perform a permement fix? 

Regards

• 2.  RE: SEPM 12.1.4 Policy replication issues on Clients

Posted Feb 02, 2015 04:58 AM

Connectivity of SEP endpoints to SEPM is fine chaning the policies or configuration doesn't even change the policy serial number of the groups , it is still the old until the machine is rebooted.

Regards

• 3.  RE: SEPM 12.1.4 Policy replication issues on Clients

Posted Feb 02, 2015 05:41 AM

See below articles

Troubleshooting Policy Changes

Article:TECH105907 | Created: 2008-01-15 | Updated: 2010-08-13 | Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH105907

• 4.  RE: SEPM 12.1.4 Policy replication issues on Clients

Posted Feb 02, 2015 06:50 AM

Enable debugging, set to FINEST, reproduce the issue and post the scm-server-0.log file.