Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

SEPM 12.1.4013

Created: 18 Nov 2013 | 15 comments

Hi,

i have upgraded SEPM to final version.

All my clients are ok with the green signal, but all the clients just disapeard form the SEPM console

i have all imported from Active directory but i cannot see not even one client connected.

But on the main screen (Dashboard) i can see the graph with my 918 Computers, but in the tab Clients just can see the folders not the clients

Note: but i can see page 1 of 4 so i can surf the pages but cannot see what clients are actually there........ magic :)

Thanks for your support,

Regards,

Nuno Silva

Operating Systems:

Comments 15 CommentsJump to latest comment

Mithun Sanghavi's picture

Hello,

I would suggest you to Close the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager.

Then try Disabling and Enabling the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager services and Symantec Embedded services from services.msc

OR / AND 

If possible, run a repair of Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager from the Add/ Remove Programs.

Hope that helps!!

Mithun Sanghavi
Associate Security Architect

MIM | MCSA | MCTS | STS | SSE | SSE+ | ITIL v3

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helped you.

Nuno P Silva's picture

I have done a repair installation now.... Lets see... But even without the green light, clients should be there even with no status since i sync from active directory

Thank you

Brɨan's picture

When yo do the upgrade, you disable the SEPM service and client briefly lose communication. They will start checking back in based on their heartbeat. What is your heartbeat set to?

If you go to a client, does it show connected to the SEPM?

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

Nuno P Silva's picture

Yes, its connect and i can actually update.... Just in sepm not showing anything... And before update all was ok and green

Thank you

Brɨan's picture

If you do a search in the SEPM, does the client show up green?

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

Nuno P Silva's picture

Hi Search does not display anything the only place i can see the clientes exist, is on first screen dashboard in the Graph... Thank you Regards

GeoGeo's picture

What current version of Java are you using?

Please review ideas and vote there could be something useful :)

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/security/ideas

Rafeeq's picture

Delete the OU and re-import in SEPM again.

If you export the log from monitors-logs -computer status -Do you see the clients?

Seems to be Internet Explorer problem to me.. Have you added SEPM Ip to your trusted sites list?

Nuno P Silva's picture

Hi All, New detail; even if i open the web console, and on my laptop, still the same issue

Please look at printscreens (there are many computers disconnected because this is after a server restart)

NOTE: Page 1 of 4 (but no computers)

Thanks for your support

Cheers

dash.JPG clients.JPG
GeoGeo's picture

What current version of Java are you using?

Please review ideas and vote there could be something useful :)

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/security/ideas

Nuno P Silva's picture

Java 7 Update 45 (Build.1.7.0_45-b18)

Thanks
Cheers,
nuno Silva

Rafeeq's picture

I know this is not the case, even then

can you click on admin - servers -domain? check if you see anything other than the Default domain. If you see one, click on that and at the bottom select Administer, check if you see the clients.

and also under clients page there are few views like Protection technology, etc, can you select anyother and check if you see clients?

Nuno P Silva's picture

Hi,

Even changing to diferent views, nothing appears, this look like just a console error....

I have removed and re-imported - Same result

I have checked and there is only default domain - Same result

i have re-installed java - Same result

All windows Updates (Windows Server 2003 R2) - - Same result

Out of ideas........

Please help

Brɨan's picture

Can you verify on one client that it's talking to the SEPM? Go to a client and open the GUI and go to Help >> Troubleshooting

Under General Information, for Server does it show connected to the SEPM?

Nuno P Silva's picture

There, as you can see, all normal. Thank you Nuno

sep.JPG