Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEPM 12.1.5 Export client very hit-or-miss

Posted Oct 17, 2014 12:37 PM

Since upgrading my SEPM servers to 12.1.5, it is very frustrating to export clients from the admin console.

I right-click on the package I wish to export and go through the options to configure the installer. I click Ok and the system will work on generating the managed package. When it's ready to download the package the download button appears but 9 times out of 10 when I click on the download button, the window just disappears and the download does not begin. 1/10 times it will start downloading the files.

I have two web front-ends and have tried it on each server to the same results. I have tried IE11, Firefox 33, and Chrome 37 on Windows 8.1. They all behave the same way and act like I clicked off of the pop-up layer and it just disappears the majority of the time.

The servers are running Windows Server 2012 R2. I have done this process many times before with previous versions but am having less luck with SEPM 12.1.5.

• 2.  RE: SEPM 12.1.5 Export client very hit-or-miss

Posted Oct 17, 2014 12:40 PM

Have you tried enabling SEPM debugging to see what shows?

How to debug the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager

Any errors showing in the Admin tab?

• 3.  RE: SEPM 12.1.5 Export client very hit-or-miss

Posted Oct 17, 2014 04:54 PM

I don't think it's anything wrong with the SEPM configuration but more of a UI issue. I believe it has to do with the user interface change with 12.1.5. I have gotten pretty good about getting it to download more consistent now. You have to click the button a little below the word 'Download' or else it will just close on you.

I don't see anything related or alarming in the logs.

• 4.  RE: SEPM 12.1.5 Export client very hit-or-miss

Posted Oct 17, 2014 04:55 PM

What's different, screenshot?

• 5.  RE: SEPM 12.1.5 Export client very hit-or-miss

Posted Oct 17, 2014 05:21 PM

It's very similar to the previous version but *slightly* off.

So, from the screenshot below. If you click on the word 'Download', the popup layer just disappears and no download begins. If you click just a little below the word but still in the button, the download will begin. Anywhere else, it just closes the popup layer.

sepm1215ui.png

• 6.  RE: SEPM 12.1.5 Export client very hit-or-miss
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 21, 2014 12:43 PM

I worked with Symantec support this morning and demonstrated the problem.

They saw that the download button on the Admin, Install Packages wasn't starting the download consistently in the web console.

I was provided with a work around of using the server console or using the 'Install protection client to computers' task on the dashboard to generate the client from the web console. Either of those routes worked.

They acquired some logs and are looking into the issue with the Download button and I'm posting the work around options here in case anybody else is wasting their time trying to get the package to download.