Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition

View Only
  • 1.  SEPM 12.1.6

Posted Sep 08, 2015 11:05 AM

Hi All,

What do I need to upgrade from our current 12.1.5 version to 12.1.6 in order to test on our pre-production Windows 10 systems? I've tried following the Symantec documentation to download 12.1.6 but every link I've tried leads me up a blind alley and and I can't find a link which will allow the download.

Is the upgrade FOC to existing customers who have current support for their licences?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Mark

• 2.  RE: SEPM 12.1.6

Posted Sep 08, 2015 11:07 AM

Is this for the small business edition? If so, SBE is end of support life so 12.1.5 is the latest and last version.

https://www.symantec.com/page.jsp?id=sbe-migration

• 3.  RE: SEPM 12.1.6

Posted Sep 08, 2015 11:24 AM

Hi Brian,

Thx for the swift respnse, this probably answers the queston of why I can upgrade.

I'm guessing it is as it does say Symantec Endpoint Protection - Small Business Edition when I connect to the Manger. I'll take a look at the content of the links you sent through, although may need some assistance in deciding which way to go now.

M

• 4.  RE: SEPM 12.1.6

Posted Sep 09, 2015 03:54 AM

Hi Markieb,

here you need to make a choice either migrate to SEP.cloud and this does not involve any additional cost as your current license got that covered.

on the other hand you can upgrade your license (need to shell out few more bucks) and upgrade your existing infra to enterprise edition if you perfer to have the cleints manged locally and not hosted on the cloud.

• 5.  RE: SEPM 12.1.6

Posted Sep 09, 2015 05:24 AM

Thx for the info guys.

We obviously don't want to compromise what is currently a working (and must say very stable) environment. Can we therefore trial the Cloud based solution using this solution on an internal set of clients before we embark on a full scale roll-out?

That way we can then determine whether to cost for on-premise or that the Cloud will satisfy our needs. We do have some Macs which are currently covered and I understand that the Cloud solution isn't supported on these yet. 

Any info much appreciated

M

• 6.  RE: SEPM 12.1.6

Posted Sep 09, 2015 06:24 AM

I believe its time for you to contact the symantec licensing team, as they will be the ones who can tell you if a trail license on cloud is possible or not.

Contact Business Support