Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEPM 12.1.6 RU6 MP1 "This program cannot display web page"

Posted Aug 26, 2015 09:57 AM

Hi All,

So I have upgraded SEPM to 12.1.6 RU6 MP1. I now get "This program cannot display web page" for the Home, Monitors and Reports pages in the SEPM management console.

So far I have :

• Checked the DSN connection this is fine.
    • Checked and imported the cert into the trusted root certificates
    • Added : localhost, server_name, IP address to the trusted sites.
    • Ran netstat which shows that the port 8433 is working and allowed
    • Checked the local Firewall which allows all the needed ports for running httpd.exe SemSvc.exe and the snac64.exe programs.
    • Have also reverted the server snapshot and reinstalled from scratch.

Am at a bit of a loss and could really use so help here.

Thanks in  advance Charlie

• 2.  RE: SEPM 12.1.6 RU6 MP1 "This program cannot display web page"

Posted Aug 26, 2015 10:27 AM

Do you have IE enhanced security disabled?

• 3.  RE: SEPM 12.1.6 RU6 MP1 "This program cannot display web page"

Posted Aug 26, 2015 10:30 AM

Hi

Yes its disabled from the previous version that was installed. Have only moved from version 12.1.4 to 12.1.6

• 4.  RE: SEPM 12.1.6 RU6 MP1 "This program cannot display web page"
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 28, 2015 04:45 AM

Ok so finally fixed the issue. On the premise that it was either Java or IE that where causing the issue I reinstalled Java then when this did not fix the issue installed Firefox onto the server. With this I could connect to the htts://server_name:8443 console. the 3 tabs where now showing that they did not like the certificate for port 8445. I then added an exception in firefox and all was working with Firefox.

IE still was not working though. So this issue was pointing to IE so I cleared the browsing history. Still nothing, at this point I then restored advance settings in IE. Tools> Internet Options> Advanced. ensuring to tick the remove personal settings when prompted. I then rebooted the server and all tabs are now working.

• 5.  RE: SEPM 12.1.6 RU6 MP1 "This program cannot display web page"

Posted Sep 09, 2015 07:26 AM

Enable – Use TLS 1.0 [Run > inetcpl.cpl > Internet Properties > Advanced > Securities]

This issue mentioned above is in relation with SEPM running on Windows Server 2003.

During the upgrade installers informs users, TLS may create an issue for client server communication, rather it has an impact on SEPM console as well if its not enabled.