Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

SEPM clients vanish upon upgrade to 11.0.7

• 1.  SEPM clients vanish upon upgrade to 11.0.7

Posted Aug 29, 2011 05:54 PM

I just inherited this network from a recent departee. My first action was to upgrade from SEPM 11.0.5 to 11.0.7 and all of my clients on the dashboard vanished. They are still present in the totals and receive updates but my client list is empty. Any ideas out there?

Any help appreciated.

• 2.  RE: SEPM clients vanish upon upgrade to 11.0.7

Posted Aug 29, 2011 06:16 PM

What client view you have?

Changed the view to computer status and see.

• 3.  RE: SEPM clients vanish upon upgrade to 11.0.7

Posted Aug 30, 2011 01:04 PM

I use the default view. I see 1 out of 12, I have no computer status selection. When I change the view to Client status I still see 1 out of 12. The reason I see the 1 is because I manually uninstalled the previous SEP client and pushed a new one. The other computers do not show up as unmanaged because they still have their old client installations. They all receive their updates, and are listed in the totals such as on home under Virus Definition Distribution. They simply do not appear in the Clients tab. Please Advise.

• 4.  RE: SEPM clients vanish upon upgrade to 11.0.7

Posted Aug 30, 2011 01:47 PM

if you go to Sep client help and support troubleshooting is it reporting to this manager ?

If yes on Sep manager check if port 8014 is open possible windows firewall has blocked it

If client shows offline replace sylink.xml as follows

On manager right click on group and export communication settings

on client

Go to start-->run type smc -stop

This command will stop the smc service and you can replace the sylink file.

access c:\programsfiles\symantec\symantec endpoint protection\replace the exported file here

For starting this service back after replacing the sylink file use smc -start

note there is a space between smc start and stop

• 5.  RE: SEPM clients vanish upon upgrade to 11.0.7

Posted Aug 31, 2011 03:28 PM

On the client there is a password box and I do not know what the password is. :-( How to fix?

• 6.  RE: SEPM clients vanish upon upgrade to 11.0.7

Posted Aug 31, 2011 03:31 PM

try symantec in lower case

• 7.  RE: SEPM clients vanish upon upgrade to 11.0.7

Posted Aug 31, 2011 03:33 PM

there is no default password set when you first install SEP,

If you have migrated the settings might have migrated too.

Remove the password settings under

clients-> policies-general-security settings. once clients take up new policy, it should be fine.

most of the times the uninstall password would be symantec

• 8.  RE: SEPM clients vanish upon upgrade to 11.0.7

Posted Aug 31, 2011 03:50 PM

If the client does not appear in any group the policy change cannot push down. I cannot stop the SMC without the password. Please advise.

• 9.  RE: SEPM clients vanish upon upgrade to 11.0.7

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 31, 2011 03:58 PM

Go to the client itself, open it up, go to help then troubleshooting.  Check to see what group its reporting to.  Go back to the SEPM, open that group.  If it's not there, check to make sure you haven't filtered out user mode clients.  There is a filter in the upper right hand corner, ensure both users and computers are selected.  If you still don't find it.  Choose the Search clients on the left hand side, put in the computer name, search for the client that way (or by whichever user is logged into it).

• 10.  RE: SEPM clients vanish upon upgrade to 11.0.7

Posted Aug 31, 2011 04:26 PM

Ben,

I am applying no filters. In SEPM, Home I presently show 13 computers have received virus definitions from 8-26-2011. I click on the Clients Icon and search every group listed. I have only the one client that I was able to successfully push after having to forcibly remove SEP from that particular system. <-- This was not easy. All of my clients were properly listed prior to the upgrade to 11.0.7. When I search as you suggest above I only find the one client described above.  Please Advise.

• 11.  RE: SEPM clients vanish upon upgrade to 11.0.7

Posted Aug 31, 2011 04:39 PM

I am going to have to call in and open a case. Thank You for your help.

• 12.  RE: SEPM clients vanish upon upgrade to 11.0.7